Chapter four

Chapter 4

"Man mauled by supposed bear while walking home one night with his wife," Alex read out loud from the newspaper in her hands. She was sitting in the library in Crowley's mansion, a week after she witnessed the beginning of the end. She looked over at Leo who laid beside her on the couch, his huge head in her lap. "Sounds like it could be our kind of thing right? Like a werewolf?" Leo sat up and woofed.

"Yes, cause he totally understands what you're saying," A new voice said. Alex rolled her eyes and looked over at Matt as he walked into the room and sat down on the black couch beside her.

"Well, he probably does. I mean he understands my commands right? And, he answered me." Alex pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Matt chuckled. He then reached over and grabbed the newspaper from Alex's hands while saying, "Well, what do we have here?"

"Hey!" Alex exclaimed, reaching to grab back the stolen newspaper.

"Didn't your dad say you can't go on anymore 'hunts'?" Matt questioned, looking up from the paper after reading the headline.

"Yeah... Well," Alex started. "Hmph. I don't care. I'm old enough to do what I want."

"Oh? Are you?" Matt raised an eyebrow teasingly.

"Yes. I am. Now give it back." Alex tried to grab the newspaper again, but failed.

Matt raised it above his head and laughed, "And why should I? Because you're always such a kind hearted person?"

Alex sighed. "Stop fucking around Matt." She crossed her arms and continued, "It's my job okay?"

Matt smirked, "Ok, ok, fine. But I gotta benefit from this somehow."

Alex closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose, "What do I have to do?"

Matt, still smirking, then said, "A kiss."

Alex opened her eyes and looked at him like he had ten heads, yet she was slightly blushing. "What?!" He wants me to kiss him? Where the hell did that come from? Alex thought.

"You heard me." Matt smiled.

"I-I...Uh..actually on second thought that job can wai-" Alex was interrupted by Matt pressing his lips to hers. She stiffened, staring at him wide-eyed, before slowly relaxing into the kiss.

Matt pulled away after a few moments and smiled, "See that wasn't so bad." He chuckled at Alex, who's face was a deep shade of red. "I've never seen you so embarassed."

"I...uh...I gotta g-go." She grabbed the newspaper and jumped up from the couch, hiding her red face from the demon servants as she passed them on her way to her room. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. She scolded herself. Why the hell did you just run away? She went to her closet and grabbed her suitcase, filling it with clothing and anything else she would need for this hunt. She jumped about a foot when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Alex?" Matt asked. "You...okay?"

Alex turned around, blushing again. "Hah. Yeah I just...ah, want to get on with this hunt..."

"Oh ok..." Matt sounded a little disappointed. "But hey, can I tell you something before you go?"

Alex panicked a little, "Sure..."

Matt sighed, "Well...I'm sorry about what just happened but I've liked you for a while now, and I just wanted you to know that."

Alex took a step back, "Wait what? What are you talking about?" Not once in Alex's life had anyone liked her like that, besides maybe Crowley, but that was a family type of love. Not this kind.