Chapter twenty

Chapter 20

         “Endings are hard. Any chapped-ass monkey with a keyboard can poop out a beginning, but endings are impossible. You try to tie up every loose end, but you never can. The fans are always gonna bitch. There’s always going to be holes. And since it’s the ending, it’s all supposed to add up to something. I’m telling you- they’re a raging pain in the ass.” -Chuck Shurley 5x22

         The two demons brought Alex to a tallish building in Detroit. It had some type of Chinese resturant on the first floor, then two more floors above it. Meg hadn’t come with her, surprisingly.

         “Hm. Nice place.” Alex commented when she saw the inside that was old and falling apart.

         “Hello, Alex.” Lucifer greeted, continuing to look out a window.

         “Hey.” Alex crossed her arms. It was still funny to her how she could have casual conversations with Satan himself.

         “Do you know why I called you here?”

         “Uhm. Not really.” Alex shook her head. “I figured it’s cause I messed up another horseman’s plans.”

         “No. I don’t care about that really.” Lucifer turned away from the window to look at Alex. “Sam Winchester will be here shortly.”

         “Really...why?” Alex asked, then remembered Lucifer had said Sam would say yes in Detroit. “You don’t honestly think he’s going to say yes, do you?”

         “I think he will. It’s inevitable. But I have another matter to discuss with you.”

         “Ok. What?”

         “What have you been doing with the Winchesters lately?” Lucifer stared at her coldly.

         “What do you mean?” Alex shifted her feet slightly.

         “They obviously have a plan, and I want to know what it is.”

         “Oh...I don’t know.” Alex looked away.

         “Don’t lie to me, Alex.” Lucifer warned.

         “Well…” Alex let her arms fall to her sides and she put them in her jeans pockets. “They were collecting all of the horsemen’s rings…” Alex mentally cursed herself for giving away their plan.

         “Hmm. To open my cage, yes?”

         “Uh….Yeah…” Dammit. Sorry guys.

         “Oh don’t be sorry,” Lucifer walked over to Alex and placed his hands on her shoulders. “This is good.”

         “Yeah, for you.” Alex pushed his arms away and backed up.

         “You know, you’re going to have to accept your destiny eventually.”  Lucifer pointed out.

         “No, I th-” Alex stopped talking when she heard yelling outside.

         “Alright! We’re here ya sons of bitches!” Alex walked over to the window and saw Sam outside. Oh no. Sam…