Chapter thirteen

Chapter 13

Hello Alex.

Alex looked around the hotel room in confusion before she remembered Lucifer was in her head.

What do you want? She closed the magazine she was reading and put it aside.

She hadn't heard from the archangel in a while. She wasn't exactly in the best of moods, because she heard from Crowley that the mansion was burnt down recently. Alex was glad her pet hellhound had been with her a lot recently.

I have a job for you. Luckily, you're already in the right town.

Alex sighed deeply, What is it? Gabriel gave her a confused look. "Lucifer." She muttered. Gabriel just nodded, looking a little worried now.

Famine is in the town your hotel is in. I'd like you to go and protect him with the other demons.

Famine? Alex frowned.

Yes, the horseman Famine.

"Oh joy..." Alex muttered. He's gonna make everyone coo coo for coco puffs huh?

Your job is to make sure Famine is fed, and ready.

Ready for what? Alex asked. And what does he eat?!

Don't worry about why, just do as you're told.

Alex rolled her eyes. Whatever. But what does he eat? Alex asked again.

The souls of his victims.

Ok, ok I'll- Alex stopped her mental message, looking across the room to where her father now stood.

"Hello darling."

"Dad...?" Alex glanced between Gabriel and her father, not liking where this was going. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just checking in on you...Why is he here?" Crowley glared over to Gabriel.

"Uhm...I- ah... Have a job to do so I'm just gonna go..." Alex got up and grabbed her jacket, putting her hand on the doorknob. "You two have fun, kay? Don't kill each other though."

"What do you mean you have a job?" Her father questioned. "And where have you been this whole time?! Not with this, angel, I hope."

Oh good, he knows Gabriel's an angel now...Great. "Well. I have a hunt to do. Some couple ate each other to death," Alex waved him off. Crowley seemed to buy it somewhat, while Gabriel knew differently, giving her a confused look. "I'll call you later, ok?" Alex ran out the door, ignoring their protests.

"Alex!" Both Gabriel and Crowley said at the same time, glaring at each other afterwards.

"What the hell are you doing with my daughter?"

"Nothing. I was going to help her on this case." Gabriel lied, crossing his arms.

"Really? Why would she need an angels help, hmm?"

"W-Well..." Gabriel trailed off. Dammit Alex, what job did Lucifer give you?

"And where did she get those scars?" Crowley continued throwing questions at Gabriel.

"How am I supposed to know?" Gabriel shrugged.

"You do know. You've been with her for a while know."

"How would you know?"

"I'm not going to leave her on her own, not completely. I always have my demons watching out for her." Crowley informed.