Chapter ten

Chapter 10

*Warning- torture, possibly triggering idk*

Gabriel...Help

Gabriel lifted his head from the newspaper he was reading, confused. Alex? Did she just pray to me? She's never done that before... He put the newspaper down on the coffee table beside him, then stood up. "She didn't sound too good..." He muttered. "Maybe I'll wait until she calls again..." Gabriel spoke slowly. But what if she's in trouble?

~

Meg laughed as she began a new day of torturing Alex, "You may have special antichrist powers, but damn, you're weak!"

Alex didn't even bother fighting back, or replying. She knew this would go on until she gave up and begged for mercy. I'm not going to back down.

Suit yourself. Lucifer said in her mind. You know, I didn't want to do this...

Fuck. You. Alex hissed in her head.

The torture continued getting more and more violent, but every time she was sure she should be dead, she wasn't. No matter how large the pool of blood grew on the floor, she wouldn't die. Death wouldn't let her. Scream after scream escaped her lips, some getting so loud she wasn't even sure it was herself screaming. Dammit! Gabriel! Help!

Hey now, don't go praying to my brother...

Alex didn't have any energy left to reply. She could hear new footsteps, and a voice telling Meg that she was done for the day. Someone gently grabbed her chin and lifted her head so they could look at her face. She could faintly see Lucifer's blue eyes, and she tried to pull her head away. He held her tighter, and placed two fingers from his free hand on her forehead.

A warm feeling spread through her entire body, and she could feel her energy slowly return. "Why...?" She choked out. The wounds that covered her entire body slowly faded, along with the blood.

"Have you learned your lesson...?" Lucifer asked, still holding her chin.

"I learned that you're even more of a douche bag than I thought." Alex growled through clenched teeth.

Lucifer sighed, "You're so stubborn."

"Of course I am." Alex hissed.

"Then I'll just have to change your mind. I'm not the bad guy, you know." Lucifer let go of her face and took a step back.

"Oh yeah, right. Cause destroying the entire world isn't bad. Or torturing someone for no reason." Alex agreed sarcastically.

"I don't want to destroy this planet. Earth is the last perfect handiwork of God." Lucifer corrected.

Alex rolled her eyes, "Please don't start with the whole sob story of why you were cast down... I think I've had enough torture."

"But do you know why I was cast down?" Lucifer asked.

"Yeah, daddy brought the new baby home and you couldn't handle it. This is all just one big temper tantrum." Alex mocked.

Lucifer sighed again, "Can't you just cooperate?"

"If I'm so hard to deal with, why don't you just get rid of me? Right now?" Alex questioned. She smirked when Lucifer didn't reply, and instead walked away, signaling something to Meg with his hand.

"I'll wipe that smug look off your face," Meg smiled, coming over to Alex.

Well, shit. Guess I should've seen this coming.