four

Gerard had woken up before Frank. It was the pleasant time of morning when the sun would softly seep through the curtains creating random patters on the floor and furniture. He didn't feel like waking up since it was his day off from work. He was used to sleeping in until about eleven simply because he could, but everything was different now since he had Frank to take care of.

He made his way tiredly to Frank's bedroom to check up on the kitten. He opened the door to the room very gently making sure that he caused little to no noise so he wouldn't accidentally disturb his sleep. When Gerard did get the door opened enough to see Frank's bed he notices that the boy was no longer in the position Gerard put him in last night. He was curled up into a comfortable ball barely using the blanket that was bunched up around him. Gerard smiled at the sight walking over to the kitten. The soft lights from the windows casted down over Frank's face making him look like an angle or something equal as mystical and pure. Gerard brought two fingers to the curve of the small boy's cheek and gently caressed the smooth skin. When Gerard lulled his finger's away Frank' tail twitched in his sleep from the lack of contact. Gerard stroked the soft bunch of fur surprised at how warm the boy was considering the room was pretty chilly. Gerard blew the kitten a kiss before exiting the room just as quietly as he had entered it.

Now what to cook? He had a considerable amount of choices ranging from toast to pancakes to waffles. After a few minutes of looking around the cabinets Gerard decided on french toast. It was simple enough that he wouldn't have to worry about Frank not liking it and he was very fond of the breakfast himself. He set out the ingredients and started making the food. After several minutes of frustration and remembering how to make French toast the meal was just about done. Gerard had definitely overestimated his cooking abilities but by the wonderful smells that were now circling through the house he had decided that he had done a pretty good job.

Gerard reached up to the top cabinet's over the oven with ease looking though them a bit before deciding on the ones he wanted to use. He picked the two glass plates up carefully.

"Gee?" a small voice called from directly behind him.

Gerard jumped in shock loosing grip. "Shit-fuck!" he said trying to catch the plates that had slipped from his grasp.

He wasn't quick enough though and the plates fell to the kitchen floor with a cloud clash. Frank looked up at Gerard horrified to say the least.

"Dear," Gerard started noticing how upset the boy seemed.

"I-I'm so sorry, master. I just smelled something really good and I wanted to see what it was. I didn't mean to frighten you and cause this mess. Oh God-" The boy rambled on with his small hands brought to his chocolate brown hair in distress.

"It's just plates, darling. They can be replaced don't get yourself worked up." Gerard said calmly.

"N-No I broke them." Frank said sadly. "I'm so sorry. I'll clean it up."

Gerard had no time to do anything to stop him before the kitten was dropping to his knees with a thud. Gerard gasped as soon as the painful sound echoed though the room. Frank ignored Gerard's shocked reaction and continued to collect the glass from the destroyed china. He was so determined to clean up the mess he caused he didn't even seem to be bothered at all by the small shards of glass piercing his skin.

"Frankie, no!" Gerard said causing Frank to just look up at him with wide, confused eyes.

He quickly bent down and lifted the small boy up easily under his arms and placed him on the counter.

"I-I-I'm so sorry pl-please-" He choked trying not to cry.

Gerard noticed that he was shaking badly and from his own experiences with his brother he could conclude that Frank was infact having a panic attack.