nine

•••

•••

A few days past and as they did Gerard could tell that Frank was opening up, not drastically but he was now to the point where he would ask questions about things he didn't understand or point out things that he found odd. Obviously Gerard would praise him after each time almost dramatically.

The help in the house also returned the day after Frank little episode, even though Gerard was heavily considering pushing the date back. He was afraid that too much in one week would overwhelm the kitten and new people were definitely not Frank's thing. After talking with Brendon and considering the majority of his workers whose life mostly revolved around caring for the house he decided to bring them back the next day, warning his boy first.

Currently on the phone with Dallon, Gerard roamed the area that Frank played in avoiding stepping on the kitten's tail. By Frank's request he was offering Dallon another day to hang out with his kitten since he'd be going back to work soon. Gerard had made sure to inform Frank that this wouldn't become a habit and that he was uncomfortable leaving for work without knowing that Frank was at his own house. Frank had agreed to everything his master said and thanked him profusely when the man had agreed to his wishes despite his dislike of the plan.

"Of couse, sir," Dallon said politely. "We'll just be at my apartment the whole time, and if we do leave i'll be sure to contact you."

"Good. I expect you to you answer my calls at both 12:35 and then agin three hours later." Gerard added.

"Definitely, sir, Frankie's in good hands." Dallon's joyful voice made him sick, hearing another man so excited to see his boy was almost offensive.

"I'd hope so. See you thursday yes?"

"See you then," Dallon said, just as excited.

Gerard fought to keep in an annoyed groan, only because Frank was near by.

"Sir?" Frank said, only speaking once he was sure Gerard was done speaking on the phone. "What'd he say? Can he watch after me?"

Gerard smiled fondly down at the kitten who was now propped up on his knees with his hands curled up near Gerard's thigh eagerly. The man brought a hand down to his pet's head and raked his nails over his scalp a few times. Frank's eyes almost immediately closed and the familiar, low humming sound started up not to long after. Quiet at first, the hum grew louder second by second until the noise was unmistakably a kitten's purr. Frank looked so trapped in ecstasy at that moment that Gerard thought that he just might've forgotten the question that still went unanswered. Though unfortunately for him, Frank's eyes slowly opened revealing them to be just as expectant as moments before.

"He said yes," Gerard stated, causing a high pitched squeal from Frank. "But like I said, this is a one time thing. Any other time in the future my maids,Violetta and Magdalene will see after you."