fourteen

༻•••༺

༻•••༺

Attempting to get the kitten to take a pill was basically impossible. Of course, being himself, Frank tried just for Gerard but they both came to the conclusion that it wasn't going to happen, at least not while Frank was in such an insufferable state.

He decided, creatively if he does say so himself,  to make pancakes and add the medication into them to avoid any more stress to the boy.

"You can sit on the counter while I make them." Gerard stated.

He lifted the kitten under his arms to the counter top and began pulling out ingredients as Frank watched curiously.

"Gee you don't know how to-" Frank started. The whininess in his voice was annoying to even himself. Gerard placed a finger at his lips to shush him to which he nibbled at.

"The internet is a wondrous place, kitten." He answered before removing his finger from Frank's mouth.

"Oh, will they taste like when the cooks make them? Even with the medicine?" He asked kicking his feet.

"You won't be able to taste any of the medicine, you'll forget it's even there, although I cannot promise that they'll taste exactly like the cooks."

Frank frowned a bit but then smiled. He couldn't help but thankful. Everything that Gerard did for him filled him with pure joy it was impossible to pout for long when they were together.

"Now have a bit of faith in me." Gerard said running a hand through the boy's soft brown hair. The boy yawned at the touch.

"Sleepy," Frank said softly, mid-yawn.

"Not yet." Gerard said already mixing the batter.

"You added too much milk." Frank commented sounding bored.

"Shh," Gerard said while pouring in more mix to makeup for the extensive amount of milk while Frank giggled to himself.

Frank's presence was obviously but more than enjoyable. Every once in a while he would critique Gerard's cooking in a soft polite voice and Gerard would pretend to not be embassy even though quite honestly was. Frank knew more about cooking than he did and probably everyone else in the house including the cooks. He told Gerard of the times where he kept himself from dying of boredom by studying the cooking books that his old master kept but barely used. He had more fortunate hybrid with the rare gift of reading to help him memorize the recipes.

Gerard was nearly done now, his only obstacle was flipping the pancakes in the pan without destroying them. He knew that he didn't have much time to fret over it unless he wanted to burn them so he grabbed the spatula and hesitantly placed it half way under the pancake. He felt ridiculous, being the age that he was and this useless in the kitchen. Though who could blame him, not once in his life did he have the responsibility to keep himself fed.