Chapter One: Ochobot's Helping Hand

Staring out from the window of TEMPUR-A infirmary, BoBoiBoy was terrified. It was a good thing that his friends were not in the same room as he is. He was also grateful that Admiral Tarung was asleep.

"Are you sure, Ochobot?" BoBoiBoy asked his robot friend for the tenth time in the past five minutes.

Ochobot was, however, patient with him. "Yes, BoBoiBoy. I'm quite positive. My scans detected as much."

BoBoiBoy, having heard this reply over and over again, knew that what his friend was saying was true. But that doesn't mean that he wants to believe it. And he said as much.

"I know you're not lying, Ochobot. But I don't want to believe it. I just can't."

Ochobot felt pity for his friend and owner. "I completely understand, BoBoiBoy. I had the same reaction as you did."

BoBoiBoy took off his cap and run a hand through his hair. "Why does this have to happen to me, Ochobot? And how did you get a duplicate power?"

"I was wondering about that as well," the yellow power sphere told his friend, ignoring the somewhat rhetorical question.

The dino-capped boy slumped back in his bed. "What am I going to do now?"

"You have to control your new element before it gets out of hand, BoBoiBoy," the power sphere replied.

BoBoiBoy was getting frustrated. "But how? I can't ask my friends for help."

"How about Fang? Maybe he can help you control your powers, seeing that he was a shadow manipulator as well," Ochobot told his friend.

"No," denied BoBoiBoy at once. "He may be a shadow manipulator, but his element doesn't have its own personality, unlike mine. And besides, he controls shadows, not darkness itself."

"If that's the case, I don't know how else I can help you."

Putting back his cap, BoBoiBoy sighed. "I have an idea, Ochobot. You might not like it, but it's the only way I know. You just have to support me every step of the way."

"What is it?" Ochobot asked.

"I'll be training at midnight, when darkness is at its peak. But I'll have to turn my friends away from me, at least until I master the power." BoBoiBoy took a deep breath. "Listen to me, Ochobot. I can't risk my friends getting hurt when my power gets out of hand. Only you can help me with this. Promise me that you won't leave me, Ochobot."

"I promise," Ochobot assured his elemental friend.

It'll be hard, since I'll be keeping your secret as well, but I promise to be with you every step of the way.

~~~~~

A/N: Chapter One up! I hope you like this chapter @Mebana16 (for some reason, I can't tag you). Any suggestions/comments/opinions for this and the next chapter?

Lightning/Thunderstorm: *stops training* There's a new element?

Author: Yup. 

Lightning/Thunderstorm: But why?

Author: 'Cause I find it impossible that BoBoiBoy himself is an element manipulator, but he cannot control the darkness, which is an element as well. And besides, the existing elements are already partners/opposites, except for Cehaya/Solar (Light/Solar). I mean, you and Angin (Wind), Tanah (Earth) and Daun (Leaf), and the polar opposites Api (Fire) and Air (Water). It's just right that Cehaya/Solar (Light/Solar) has a partner too. He can't just operate alone.

Light/Solar: *from the library* Yeah, I know. It's hard when they start to partner up, leaving me alone.

Fire: Aww... Light/Solar wants a partner... You could have said so! Air (Water) always wants to sleep! And besides, I'm more powerful than Petir/Halilintar (Lightning/Thunderstorm)!

Lightning/Thunderstorm: What did you say, Api (Fire)?!

Fire: I said I'm more powerful than you.

Lightning/Thunderstorm: No way! I'll show you who's the more powerful one here, weakling!

Fire: *gets angry* Weakling?! Let me show you who's the weak one here!

Lightning/Thunderstorm and Fire: *starts fighting*

Wind and Leaf: *cheers*

Earth and Water: *sweatdrops*

Earth: Here they go again...

Light/Solar: Again? Am I missing something?

Earth: This happened before, when you weren't around yet. We were trying to bring you out but they ended up arguing and fighting over who's more powerful.

Light/Solar: *sweatdrops*

Author: *sighs* Ignore them all, guys. It's a normal occurrence. Anyway, that's all for this chapter. See you in Chapter 2!