Chapter Twelve: Problems Arise

*3 days after the mission*

"Hey Dark," BoBoiBoy Ice said as he sat down next to him. Dark nodded in acknowledgment to his greeting.

"You okay?" Ice asked the shadow BoBoiBoy.

"...Not exactly."

The ice-powered BoBoiBoy hummed in a questioning tone.

Dark sighed. "I've been feeling... unusual lately. It's like there's something wrong and I can't quite put my finger on it."

Ice frowned. Now that Dark mentioned it, he had been feeling the same thing.

"What do you think this means?"

"It's a warning. Danger's coming."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day, Yaya and Ying barged into the elementals' room, making Thunderstorm jump and fire thunderbolts at them. The two dodged the attacks easily with their fast reflexes but they left Fang and Gopal (who followed them from the moment they ran) susceptible to the attacks.

"What's so urgent? It's just six-thirty in the morning," Earth, who had been woken up by Thunderstorm's attacks, questioned.

(A/N: Their arrangement is as follows: Thunderstorm, Wind, Earth, and Dark to the left; then Fire, Ice, Leaf, and Solar to the right. Thunderstorm and Fire's bed are opposites, Wind's and Ice's, etc.)

"There's an attack," Fang said, recovering from the shock and glaring at Thunderstorm.

"Sorry," Thunderstorm muttered.

"Where?" Ice yawned. "Why is it so dark?"

"That's the problem," Yaya said. "The sun's not shining."

"What?!" Solar whisper-yelled, seeing that the troublemaker trio and Dark were still asleep. "What do you mean by 'not shining'?"

"The sun is still present, however, something blocks it from shining to the nearby planets," Ying explained.

"And Commander KoKoCi along with Admiral Tarung wants all of us in the control room ASAP," Gopal relayed, rubbing his head. "Remind me not to surprise Thunderstorm ever."

Yaya ignored Gopal's last remark. "They need us at 7 am sharp. We'll go now and leave you to prepare." With that, the four of them left the room.

Earth sighed and swung off the edge of his bed. "Ice, Thunderstorm, bathroom. (There are two stalls in their bathroom, allowing two people to take a bath at the same time.)" The two aforementioned people nodded. "Light, help me wake the rest up."

By the time Ice and Thunderstorm finished taking a bath (which was 10 minutes), Dark was the only one awakened by the two.

Solar huffed and sent Thunderstorm and Ice to wake up the trio. "Do whatever you have to do."

Nevertheless, after 5 minutes of shocking (courtesy of Thunderstorm), freezing (courtesy of Ice), shouting (the trio) and nearly burning the room down (Fire), the troublemaker trio are awake.

"I'm not even going to comment," Earth said as he and Solar went out of the bathroom.

Finally, with only a minute to spare, the 8 elementals are in the control room, fully awake and refreshed.

"What happened to you guys?" Ying asked as she noticed Fire, Wind and Leaf's singed clothes.

"Don't ask," Fire grumbled.

Captain Kaizo, who was previously talking to KoKoCi, clapped his hands to get their attention.

"I believe these four had briefly filled you up from what's happening?" he said, gesturing to Yaya, Ying, Gopal and Fang. The elementals nodded.

"Good. Now, we're going to send all of you to investigate the scene. Sai and Shielda, you will help the three of us figure out its cause. The rest of you, you'll be leaving after breakfast," Admiral Tarung said.

All fourteen people mentioned did the TAPOPS salute before going to the dining hall.

"So, what do you think happened?" Fang asked as they ate their breakfast.

"I don't know. I haven't read of anything that'll cause an unexpected wall of darkness to appear around the sun," Yaya said.

"Me either," Ying said.

"The closest one that could possibly be the reason was ShadowBot, but even it could not contrast the brightness of the sun for so long," Solar said.

"And besides, ShadowBot was last seen at Sunnova Station," Earth said, munching on a pancake.

Ice frowned and turned to Dark. "Do you think..."

"Yes."

Gopal noticed Dark and Ice's interaction, which was somewhat uncomfortable.

"Dey, what's wrong with you two?" he asked them. His loud voice carried throughout the table that the rest turned to Dark and Ice as well.

Dark shifted uncomfortably under the attention. "Well..."

"Dark and I," Ice said gesturing to each other, "had felt something odd yesterday. We couldn't describe it much so we didn't tell you anything."

"Thinking back, I think I felt something different as well," Light said and Fang agreed with him.

"But we didn't feel anything odd," Ying said.

"Probably because your element wasn't directly affected by the darkness," Solar said.

"That's reasonable," Yaya said as they all got up and did their things.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So, another update! <3

I might post the next chapter today. You might want to wait for it as the hints of shippings arise. :) I'm literally squealing as I type those.

Anyway, for any update on either my Wattpad account, FanFiction.Net account, my IG account, or my FB page (A Piece of Mind), you can like https://www.facebook.com/Eau.de.Glace.08, or search Eau_de_Glace, which was my official FB page. You can also follow my IG account, @eau_de_glace, and FanFiction.Net account, Eau-de-Glace (changed from Hailey Lily Potter), or like my other Facebook Page, A Piece of Mind. Links in my description. as well.

Should I make a twitter account as well? As of the moment, I don't have any twitter account, so yeah. I'm asking you.

Au revoir, readers! See ya.