Chapter Sixteen: Warning Attack

Dark panicked after his talk with Void who returned into the depths of his mind. He could feel his dark thoughts, darker than his own evil ones.

I have to warn the others, Dark thought before his vision went dark.

Ahh, it does feel good to be in control, Void thought as he adjusted myself into Dark's body. Findimg a mirror nearby, he saw that nothing has changed, except for the eye color. Normally, Dark has striking purple eyes, but with Void possessing his body, the eyes turned pitch black. He grinned. It was really nice to be in control for once.

Void! Can you hear me?! He heard Dark say in my head. Void guessed that he had figured out how to get out of the inner consciousness.

Of course. I thought you were smart enough to figure that out.

He can practiacally see Dark roll his eyes, mentally muttering about just wanting to check his theory and all that crap.

I can hear you, Darky-poo. Void told him mentally as he started to walk towards my 'friends'.

Hey, where are you going?! Dark panicked.

Well Dark, I told you I'll have my revenge. Void told him, getting out Dark's sickle, which was darker than before.

"Hey Ying! Yaya! Gopal! Fang!" Void said in a singsong voice, which made then turn around in confusion.

"Dark? What are you doing here?" Yaya asked 'Dark'.

"Just having fun," he said, twirling the sickle in his hands.

"Ooh! What kind of fun? Can I join?" Gopal asked excitedly.

"Of course you can. Actually, I want all of you to join the fun," Void said darkly and swung the sickle at Gopal.

The molecule manipulator fortunately has good instincts and ducked under the swing. "Dey, what was that for?"

Only then that Fang noticed Dark's differently-colored eyes and knew something was up. He knew that his powers are useless against him so he called for the two females' attention.

"Ying! Yaya! Find a way to bind him!" He hissed at the two while Gopal continued to dance against Void's attacks. Void, instead of getting angier, was actually enjoying it.

"What?! Are you crazy?" Ying hissed back at the shadow manipulator.

"I'm serious! Look at his eyes. There's something wrong with him."

"Fang's right," Yaya said. "Dark normally has purple eyes but that has black eyes."

Ying looked ag 'Dark' and agreed immediately. The three then tried to find a way to bind him only to have Void attacking him as well.

The four were losing the fight as they couldn't hurt 'Dark' since he is their friend, while Void was not hesitating to hurt them. The tides were suddebly turned when 'Dark' doubled over and collapsed as if he was in so much pain. The four immediately went to his side to check if he was okay, albeit wearily.

"Don't come closer, please," Dark said hoarsely. They did as he said.

Let me take control! Dark shouted at Void.

Fine! But heed my warning, Dark. I will have my revenge. Void retreated  in the depths of his mind and Dark relaxed.

"What happened?" Yaya asked, seeing Dark relax.

Dark explained everything about Void, his counterparts entering as he told his story.

"I came to warn you, but Void took over and I had barely managed to take  back the control of my body," Dark finished.

To say that everyone was shocked was an understatement.

"When Solar and Fire told us about it, we didn't really believe him. It was so farfetched. But hearing your story and the attack, I knew they were telling the truth," Earth said.

"So, what do we do now?" Water said.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And that's all for this part. The action has started. Why do you think Void wants to hurt Dark and his friends? Does he really want revenge? Find out in the next chapters. Au revoir, readers!