[Connor X Teenager!Reader]: Just Relax

⇰⇰⇰⇰⇰

Finishing your dinner, you placed your plate into the sink, washing it before putting it on the rack to dry. You stood there, looking at the circular ceramic as the water dripped from it. It looked familiar to you, seeing liquid slide down the object.

An image flew through your head, sending shivers throughout your body and making you take a step back from the rack. Turning on your heel, you walked away from the kitchen, not wanting to see another image.

You found yourself in the living room, so you plopped down onto the couch, pulling your legs up to your chest. Sighing, you placed your head onto your knees and thought about what life would be like with her still in it. Your childhood best friend, that is.

She was your rock and you two did almost everything together. You two were practically sisters at that point, and she even called your dad as her own, since she didn't have one at the time. But, her life ended too quickly; she had so much more room to grow and mature.

You wiped the tears that spilled, cursing as you did so. Soon, a shift in the couch made you perk up, making you look to the right of you. You didn't have time to process what was there before a slimy tongue ran across your face.

"Ah! Sumo!" You giggled at the St. Bernard, falling over as you tried to push him off of you. He continued to lick your face, trapping you underneath him as he hovered over you.

You started to groan and laugh at the same time, not liking the drool on your face, but accepting the love from your dog.

"Y/n, we're home!"

Sumo's ears perked up to the sound of his owner, his head popping over the couch. The dog that was in your lap got off and went over to the front door to your dad. You sat up, wiping the spit from your face and sighing in relief, now being able to breathe properly.

"Heh, you look like shit."

You glared at your dad, seeing a smug grin replace his neutral look. He rested his hands on top of the couch and leaned over to look at you.

You shared the same from he gave you and scoffed. "So do you, old hag."

He raised a brow at your remark, obviously impressed at his daughter's boldness. He ruffles your hair and chuckles. "So I see you're as bold as ever."

You smile for a moment, but feel guilt swell inside of you. You've never told Hank about your anxiety, and you didn't plan on telling him for a while.

Especially since he has been through tough times that are worse than yours and you didn't want him to succumb to that again. He was the only one you ever trusted, but you still kept your deepest secrets close to yourself.

"I learned from the best."

You reached up and hugged him tightly, receiving the same from him as well. He lets go and pats your head before he turns around to go to his bedroom. You notice the familiar android in your peripheral vision, standing close to the front door.

"Howdy there Connor." You tip an imaginary cowboy hat to him, snickering a bit at his very robotic stance.

Furrowing his brows, his LED glows yellow before going back to its sky blue color. He dips his head to you and gives you a short grin.

"Hello to you as well, Ms. Anderson." Your eyes widen at his formality, feeling a bit weird as you've never been called that before. You hop up from the couch and dust yourself.

"Quit the formalities, Connor. I'm 15, not a business woman."

You see Sumo walk up to Connor, nuzzling his head into his calf. He leans down and pets the dog's fur with delicacy, a gentle look lining his face.