19 - requested

TITLE: Dark!Genie

GENRE: Multimedia thriller

OC'S: Rachel Callahan, Holmes Jackson, Tia Houston and Dustin Baker

IDEA: So there's this new website/app, Dark!Genie, where you can anonymously send in your darkest wish or confess your dark desires. It becomes trending very fast, and spreads over Social Media, until the website eventually gets shut down by the government because of obvious reasons. The Twitter account still exists though, and is used to announce certain wishes from the website/app that will be made true, by calling out the person whose wish it was by name and telling them their wish will be fulfilled. It starts out pretty innocent, until there is a murder, and that's where the oc's meet each other and team up. Rachel is a forensic specialist, Holmes is a detective, Tia is a hacker and Dustin is a journalist. Together, they track down the person(s) behind it all and stop them before completing the list of dark wishes they keep announcing on twitter. An idea would be to start off every chapter with a tweet announcing the next wish, getting darker each time.

SUMMARY: Ever since Dark!Genie went online, the media have exploded. It's a place where you can admit your darkest desires and reveal your worst wishes, anonymously, and rate the wishes and desires of others. It starts out innocent enough, but as it gets darker and darker, the project is shut down.

The real trouble begins when someone restarts the Dark!Genie twitter account, and uses it to announce certain wishes that will be fulfilled, while also threatening to reveal the identities of the wishers if anyone tries to intervene. When the situation escalades to a murder a group of individuals decide to put an end to this, but it is only when they finally get together and team up that they really stand a chance against the rising threat in a race against the clock.

QUOTES:

"Oh my god, we should totally call the police!"

"Tia, we are the police."

"Oh right, I'm just not used to work with them."

"What other purpose could this have than to show to the world that humans are just garbage? I mean, how could this not have ended in murder."

"My darkest desire is banning licorice, because that is just disgusting and no one should be able to eat that- probably you're just garbage."

WHAT'S UP TO YOU: You decide... Is the person behind the website/app the same as the twitter account? If so, is the twitter account a reaction to the shutting down of the website/app? If not, is the person behind the twitter set on showing all humans have a dark side or is it just a sadistic little shit? How did a journalist and a hacker become involved with two cops on this case? Do they have a personal connection- maybe the victim is Tia's brother and she is set on finding out who killed him? And maybe Dustin is just a rookie journalist who is hoping to kick-start his career by being the first to report the end of this case? Or maybe he's an old-timer who wants to close his career with a bang?

NOTES: Sorry for the long wait ! I hope this plot inspires you enough to write the book you want. I've got specific ideas for the characters' design and the ending, if you're interested in them just dm me! If not, that's okay too, it's your plot now if you want it, and you are of course free to change whatever you like (especially the summary).