00:20

Mitchel's POV

One month had passed since I started going to my therapist and I could notice the improvement. I guess it helped a little bit or time was the actual healer of my wounds.

Today I had something important to do.

I stepped on the inside of the little flower shop and the beautiful essence coming from the flowers pierced my lungs. "What are you looking for?" The woman who was the cashier asked me.

"I need to buy red and white roses. Two bouquets." I said and got out my credit card in order to pay.

"Do you want to write something?"

"No, just the flowers please." I said and smiled at her.

I paid and exited the shop. I went into my car and started the engine.

The radio played Arctic Monkeys one of Angeline's favorite bands and I couldn't help but chuckle at her remembrance. It was so sad just to think how early she left and how many things she didn't do. No, Mitchel get out of your self loath.

The graveyard was rather quiet for a Sunday morning. The sun was bright and it was like angels were having a party up there.

"Good morning to the best woman ever." I said and left the flowers at the concrete of the grave. "You always liked roses so this is why I brought them to you."

If you are asking me what I'm doing, I'm not completely fine yet. What I've done is unforgivable and none deserves something like this. I'm not sure if I'll ever get better but I gotta admit that I can't be like this forever. My therapist says that she notices some improvements in me even though I doubt if she actually means that. It sucks that you are not here. Maybe in first case that marriage should not happen but definitely it shouldn't end like that.

My eyes were watery and my heart was pounding fast. Once I made sure I was alone I let the stream that was gathered in my eyes to float.

My phone buzzed and that snapped me back to reality.

Phoebe: do you have plans for tonight? X

Phoebe is the young lady I've been getting with and to be honest I don't know how things are going to end with her. It's obvious that I still have issues and maybe I won't get over them, not easily to say the least.

Me : nah, im coming at 9.

I wasn't asking her I was commanding her.

I stayed a little bit more staring at the photo of Angeline that was on the cold and lifeless concrete that was burying her body.

My thoughts were a dark space none should enter and this is why I won't let anyone else get to know the real me.

A minute before I left, I felt a presence right behind my back and that send chills over my body, especially when I am in a graveyard.

When I twisted my head to see who it was I wasn't surprised but a little bit shocked. His gold hair was following the wind and his red bloodshot eyes made it clear how much he's been suffering to get some peaceful sleep. Me and Christian had to talk since the ceremony and before that we had to talk in like years.

I didn't have the strength nor the will to feel angry so I picked up my stuff and was ready to leave till he did the unexpected. He put one of his hand around my waist and the other around my neck and he threw himself in my embrace, crying intensely.

"It's okay." I sympathized with him and tapped his back slowly.

"No Mitchel it's not." Christian said and got out of my embrace. Despite his crying his eyes were dried and that meant that he's been crying so much that all of the water was drained. "Instead of supporting each other and trying to provide strength we argued and fought. I mean I did. How much more egoistic could I be? I'm sure that Angeline would look down at me if she...." he took a big breath "were alive."

Maybe it was time I showed some empathy rather than making my ego a priority. I smiled, not a big one because I was mentally tired but I did. "It's never too late for us Christie. I would much rather argue with you but I'm tired. In addition, I'll have to agree with what you said. She wouldn't like us being like  that, she never did when she was alive. Let along arguing and not putting the blame on each other for her death."

"I'm tired as well Mitty." He said and we both gave a bittersweet smile at each other. It's sad that we have to reignite our friendship after that. It's like if Angeline were alive we wouldn't be friends. It was slightly pissing me off but I was tired and all I needed to do was have friends by my side to support me and support them as well. I need my group of people back.

this is slowly coming to an end. one chapter left. i had to update in so long. thank you guy for the reads, the votes and the comments. I never imagined any story of mine reaching those. don't forget to vote for this chapter if you liked the reunion of Christian and Mitchel.