Ch.1: Prologue

<Sky>

~>A few months later<~

They all left me. All of them, gone. I bet they're happy, watching their recruits get better. Hell, I bet they forgot all about me. But do I care? No. Why? Because they all hate me.

They've told me straight up, they don't want me. That I'm a failure and I don't deserve to be a general.

Speaking of, that's what my used-to-be-almost-girlfriend is doing to me now...

"No! Please, stop this!" I screamed as Alesa came towards me, whip clenched tightly in her hands.

"Dance for me, Butter Boy." she sneered, swinging the whip.

I jumped out of the way before it could lash my face.

"A-Alesa why!" I exclaimed as the whip barely missed my left leg.

"You failed them all, Sky! You aren't worthy of being their general!" She spat, lashing my side.

I cried out in agony and sprawled out on the cold ground of my cell.

She continually brought down the scourge on my back, arms, sides and legs, laughing insanely the whole time.

I let out another agonized scream and begged for mercy after every lash.

"Stop!"

"Please I'll do anything!"

She kept on though, lashing out until she felt content with my helpless pleas. This was, of course, after what seemed like a thousand lashes.

I shakily looked up at Alesa, my eyes fills with tears of pain and betrayal.

She scoffed and lashed the whip across my face.

I cried out and looked at the floor seething in pain.

"Don't look at me like that, Sky. You won't get any pity from me." she spat before spinning on her heel and strutting out of the cell.

"W-Why?" I croaked, darkness creeping over my vision.

Alesa stopped outside the cell, glaring at me.

"Because Adam. You deserve to suffer for loosing to these squids." she spat and I fell into darkness.

~

Cold.

So cold.

And wet.

Why is it wet?

I groaned internally and jolted awake, gasping from the unexpected cold.

Hydrangea smirked down at me, holding a now empty bucket, water and ice laying all around me.

"Wakey wakey Sky." She spat.

I glared up at her, saying nothing.

Last time I had talked back, she made me watch a few recruits get turned.

"Learned your lesson?" She asked.

I continued to glare, pushing myself farther away.

She grinned. "Good boy." she cooed, plopping a tray of food on the ground.

"Eat up."

And with that, she left.

I crawled over to the tray of food and sighed.

A rotten apple and salt water. Again.

I shoved the food away and growl a curse.

Yup. Welcome to hell.