I

𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐢 𝐀𝐫𝐜 | 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏 :
𝘈𝘯 𝘈𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯'𝘴 𝘛𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

❝  𝙿𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚘 𝚜𝚘, 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚢 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚊𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝  ❞

- 𝙍𝙖𝙡𝙥𝙝 𝙒𝙖𝙡𝙙𝙤 𝙀𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣

. ° ☆.* + °.

Birds of pure energy fluttered among a lively city in the Reim Empire. Past flourishing streets of markets and through bustling crowds, the magical winged-creatures soared freely. Despite the vibrant atmosphere filled with many wonders, the mystical birds hovered around a single girl with admiration.

Merrily, they brightened the mysterious, shady aura surrounding the hooded girl - alone by herself - as she ignored every stall and person, a black sheep in the vigorous environment.

She marched stiffly in barefeet; vivid, red hair concealed under a hood while the raggedy scarf around her neck was lifted above her nose. Her face was predominantly hidden, except for her striking eyes glistening like rubies and a small scar resting underneath her right eye. 

She had no intention of shopping through Narpolia, yet even if any of the markets sparked her interest, the girl had no sort of currency to exchange. So she searched for a job. Not just any regular job such as unloading cargo from a wagon, or washing dishes at a bar.

Instead, it was more of a mission.

For an assassin.

The lonely girl who was only fifteen years old was an assassin, and her name was Masumi.

Masumi never usually roamed around in Reim, as she only travelled to the country for a mission she was assigned to in the Parthevia Empire. But her reward from weeks ago had diminished and she had to find another job. Although the girl was free to do whatever she desired, the only thing she knew to do was to be an assassin. Masumi had accepted what she had become whether she liked it or not. How could you be anything different after being a killer nearly entire life?

As Masumi observed around her surroundings, she failed to notice someone grab her arm and spin her towards the direction of a new stall. It appeared to have recently opened, luring a swarm of curios customers.