VIII

Masumi Arc || CHAPTER 8 : A Performance Wonder

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

° ☆.* + °.

Masumi's body jolted as she awakened with wide eyes, rapidly gasping shallow breaths. Her heated face sweated profusely as the image of his face, burned into her mind, no matter how much she tried to escape it.

The memories in her head wouldn't stop replaying. There was no escape from her haunting memories. She felt trapped.

He will never harm me again, the Fanalis thought. For as long as she lived, Masumi refused to ever be held in his clutches ever again. But all she could see was his sinister expression.

The redhead clamped her eyes shut, fingers digging into her scalp as she shook her head in a desperate attempt to escape the nightmares. The image of the crazed man never wavered from her mind though. She had to flee.

Masumi tried to quickly lift herself up and run away as far as she could, in attempt to escape the terrifying memories. However, her body was trapped in the bed by a pair of muscular arms wrapped around her waist, forbidding her escape.

It's him.

It was absolutely impossible. There was no chance of him ever laying his hands on the Fanalis again. Yet her fright overpowered rationality and Masumi believed her worst nightmare had returned.

She forcefully wriggled around the in the stranger's tight, enclosing grasp and whipped around to face the culprit. Just as the redhead was about to force apart the pair of arms and attack her enemy, she realized that the person holding her was not her nemesis. Instead, Masumi recognized her comrade's familiar, attractive face and his long hair the colour of lavenders.

The Fanalis instantly calmed at the sight of Sinbad as he continued snoring, tightening his arms around Masumi which brought her trembling figure closer to his.

Usually, she'd find physical contact uncomfortable. She would normally push Sinbad away even if he was the slightest bit too close to her. But as Masumi continued to lay in Sinbad's embrace, she felt her mind calm entirely.

The terrifying nightmare and haunting memory slowly faded away while Masumi relaxed in the safety of Sinbad's arms. Reluctantly, she let her head rest on his chest and listened to the soothing sound of his heart drumming, while her own heartbeat slowed to match Sinbad's. As her shallow breaths eased, Masumi's hands gripped a fistful of Sinbad's shirt, in fear that he would disappear and the horrors would return.