XXI

ARTEMYRA ARC | CHAPTER 2
meeting the queen

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

❝  i had left you in the past, even though you were once my entire future ❞

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

❝  i had left you in the past, even though you were
once my entire future ❞

° ☆.* + °.

"I'LL MAKE SURE YOU ever regret returning here, Masumi!"

Sinbad's head whipped back and forth between the queen and Masumi with his jaw unhinged, random stutters and noises escaping his throat as a swarm of solders suddenly surrounded them. "Wait, what!"

          "You could not just listen for once, could you?" she sneered at her captain. Masumi met the loathing glare of her Majesty with a blank stare. "Mira, please, I have no ill intention—"

          Her sentence died as a crackling bolt of lightning suddenly stormed at Masumi and engulfed her body. The loud fizzing of the electricity masked the shriek that was forced out of the Fanalis throat.

          She'd been hurt by shock of lightning before from Sinbad's vessel. But this hurt was on another level. It was agonising. It felt like every nerve in her body had been fried into smithereens, her heart tensed rigidly and any sense within her body being extinguished.

           Masumi couldn't tell how long she was being electrocuted. Had only seconds gone by? The pain felt endless, she hadn't even seen the blinding light disappear or
felt herself collapse to the floor with a heavy thud.

          Mira blew off the fizzling remains of electricity and steam from the head of her spear. The crimson gem on her weapon still glowed dimly after the use of her djinn's power as the queen's lips curled into a devious grin at the sight of Masumi laying limp on the floor below.

          "WHAT THE HELL!" Sinbad bellowed, unsheathing his sword as he glared daggers at Mira, knuckles turning white from the crushing grip he had on his weapon.

          "Arrest them now! For disrespecting her Majesty and bringing a trespasser!" Mira commanded before the rest of the crew could react and shooting another bolt at Sinbad for drawing his sword.

          "MASUMI!" Her crew screamed as the guards separated them from their immobile comrade, one of them desperately trying to reach her.

          The yelling was only a whisper to her, still unable to feel any sensation. The more she tried to fight it, the further she fell into unconsciousness and the less she could hear her crew, until she heard nothing at all and darkness enveloped her.