XVII

𝐒𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐜 | 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑 :
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

❝  𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 — 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗 ❞

° ☆.* + °.

"SINBAD, I BEG YOU. Allow me join your crew and journey. Please, it is my greatest wish!" Mystras pleaded, his head uplifted in confidence. Until he remembered he wasn't speaking to the legendary dungeon capturer. He was only speaking to a lifeless, stone wall for practice, yet he still felt completely unprepared. A hopeless groan reverberated from his throat as he slumped against the wall. "Why can't I just speak to him like how I'm talking now?"

      "You're stressing too much."

      "GYAAAA!" The Sasan prince whipped his body around in panic, only to meet the stoic gaze of Masumi. It seemed to become a habit of the Fanalis scaring him

      "H-Hi Masumi! Aren't you going to look around with your crew?" He gestured to her comrades among the street of bustling citizens as they browsed throughout all the shops. Mystras had taken the task upon himself to guide around Sasan Kingdom the entire crew for the day, and he planned to ask Sinbad to let him join his journey. But Mystras had blown every opportunity that came his way and time was running out as the sun began to settle.

"They're nearly finished because we have to return to the inn soon. Also, I wanted to check on you," Masumi answered, "I was wondering why you were talking to a wall."

"You saw that?! Well I was just— Uh..." Mystras stammered while a scarlet blush flooded within his cheeks, flaming in embarrassment.

"Just ask Sinbad," The Fanalis stated bluntly, gesturing to the violet-haired boy as he and the crew slowly neared them.

      "It's not as easy as I thought it'd be. I'm really nervous," The prince fretted with a panicked sweat.

      "You weren't nervous when you stood up to the shopkeeper for me, nor the time you got a piercing with me," Masumi assured.

      Miserably, he slumped forward with a sigh. "But—"

      "Mystras," Her stern tone made the prince straighten as she stepped closer. "Don't doubt yourself. You are braver than you think and I believe in you."