IX

Masumi Arc || CHAPTER 9 : The Magnificent Duo

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

° ☆.* + °.

The sun's light beaming upon King Rashid's blonde hair resembled golden riches and treasures, while the pair of teenagers gaped in absurdity at his casual grin.

What the fuck?

Masumi's chapped lips failed to express her insolent words, for she had rendered speechless, while her purple-haired comrade stuttered incoherent sounds. The Fanalis, who rarely ever reacted in shock, betrayed her stoic demeanour, narrow eyebrows lifted and ruby red eyes widened.

"Were you not just listening to me? The longer you stand here, the less time you have to join the Union," Harun; or more like Rashid, snapped the teenagers out of their daydreams. With astonishment glazed over his golden eyes, Sinbad stirred awake from his daze, only for the fire of determination to ignite in his molten amber orbs once again.

"You're right, there's no time to waste. Come on Masumi! Our journey to the Union awaits!" Sinbad cheered boisterously with a toothy grin smeared from ear-to-ear. At the sight of his enthusiasm, the redhead indulged herself in his bouncing excitement, unable to resist her own small smile lingering upon her sealed lips.

Erupting with eagerness, Sinbad bounded past Rashid with a hefty laugh of excitement and the sack of gold coins, hair of violets trailing behind him in the wind. Masumi deadpanned as her crimson eyes watched the foolish boy hasten through the busy street, in the opposite direction of the Union

"You're going the wrong way!" Rashid yelled to Sinbad, lips curled upwards in amusement. His grin grew wider as the purple-haired fool sprinted past him again, in the right direction this time.

"I knew that!" Sinbad shouted while the Fanalis chased after her enthusiastic comrade. She followed behind the lavender strands of his hair drifting through the breeze, a sweet chuckle tickling in her throat at Sinbad's idiocy

° ☆.* + °.

Once the orange rays of warmth in the sky began to kiss the emerging darkness before the sun disappeared for the night, King Rashid joined Sinbad and Masumi for dinner at their accomodation. It was a small celebration, where the dungeon capturer would proudly present the Company Verification Document to Rashid.

"Mentor, thanks for all your help. The Union approved of my request to join. Now that we're in, we can do business in Narpolia without a problem," Sinbad stated with a grateful smile, "I can't wait for the new goods from Imuchakk to get here."