VI

Masumi Arc || CHAPTER 6 : Romantic Gestures

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

° ☆.* + °.

One of the slave capturer smirked at Masumi with a crooked grin, revealing his disgusting teeth. His crew all have their own sinister grins plastered on their bearded faces, gazing at the Fanalis with the beady eyes as if she was treasure.

Masumi glanced at the dangerous weapons in their hands and metal cuffs dangling from their belts, ready to enslave their next victim. But it would not be Masumi.

The thought of these men capturing people just like her for their own greed enraged Masumi and she gripped the hilt of her sword tightly, preparing herself for the bloodshed she would be hunting for. These men deserved the worst and she would tear them apart limb by limb.

Just as she got into her fighting stance, another figure appeared behind the men and the redhead heard his familiar voice.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Sinbad spoke up, catching the attention of the slave capturers.

"Mind your damn business brat! Leave before we make you," one of the men demanded, pointing his weapon threateningly at the calm teenager with purple hair.

Masumi noticed the grin Sinbad usually wore was not visible as he unsheathed his scimitar. His face was stern as he stared at the situation in front of him, his serious expression a rare sight for Masumi.

"The only people that will be leaving are you and your crew, even if I have to make you do so by force. If you are not out of my sight in less than a minute, not only will you deal with the wrath of a Fanalis but I will also obliterate you," Sinbad threatened, summoning a jolt of lighting with his weapon that appeared for only quick instant, yet it was still enough to frighten the slave capturers. Masumi glared murderously at the men and stomped her foot into the ground, forming a large crack that emphasized Sinbad's threat.

The slave capturer stumbled in shock and gasped, staring with wide eyes between the two teenagers who glowered at them. Both Masumi's and Sinbad's eyes held much power, which looked terrifying to the men who decided to play it safe and scurry away like cowards.

"I could have dealt with them myself," Masumi rebuked once the men had fled. Sinbad scanned his eyes across her, checking for any injuries she may have received before he arrived.

"I know you could have, but I'll always stand by your side and defend you. As a comrade. And as a friend," Sinbad replied, offering the Fanalis an attractive, close eyed smile.