V

Masumi Arc || CHAPTER 5 : Parental Memories

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

° ☆.* + °.

Sinbad awoke the next morning, laying on something soft with a silky material keeping him warm from the slight breeze that threatened to nip at his bare torso. He had developed a habit of undressing in the night and it was mostly his shirt that disappeared in his sleep.

He let out a monstrous yawn and peeked from under his eyelids, before opening his eyes wide in surprise when he found himself in a bed. Sinbad rubbed his groggy eyes and let out a groan as he stretched his body, before he flung his legs over the side of the bed and observed his surroundings.

Masumi was nowhere to be seen which worried Sinbad. Did she come back last night? Was she even still in Reim or did she ditch him?

Just as Sinbad stood up from the bed, a blurry figure flew through the window and into the room which made Sinbad jump in shock. The dungeon capturer relaxed when he recognised the person was none other than his red headed comrade.

"Good morning. I will inform the staff you are awake, so prepare yourself before breakfast is served. Also, I tended to your wound and cleaned your bandage," Masumi ordered briefly before she exited the room once again, this time through the door. Sinbad finally noticed that wounded arm he'd received when he first encountered Masumi had been cleaned from dried blood and was now recovering well.

Fortunately for Sinbad and Masumi, their room paid for by Harun also came with room service and free meals if requested. She notified the chef who would cook their meal and waited patiently so she could deliver it herself instead of the maids.

Masumi then carried the tray back to her room and found Sinbad now wide awake with his shirt back on as he swung his sword around and began storytelling to an imaginary audience.

"I flew through the air with the flow of destiny! Or maybe... I rode the waves of destiny," Sinbad practiced performing and created his lines before the sound of the creaking door caught his attention.

"Oh, hey Masumi. Just practicing my performance," Sinbad laughed nervously with a slight blush since he had been caught rehearsing cheesy lines.

Masumi gave a simple nod in response and but his breakfast on the drawer, before she grabbed her own meal. The Fanalis sat on the bed while she consumed her food, followed by who Sinbad copied her actions and took a break from planning his performance.

"Where and when do you plan to tell your story?" Masumi asked once she had finished her breakfast.

"Maybe in town at an amphitheater, on the busiest street so there are more people to attract. Kind of like street entertainment. I planned on doing it today," Sinbad answered as he continued gobbling up his breakfast.