XI

Masumi Arc || CHAPTER 11 : The Crew's Arrival

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

° ☆.* + °.

"Yay! My crew has returned!" The violet-haired boy cheered as he skipped around his red headed comrade with a grin smeared from ear-to-ear.

"Where are they?" Masumi asked.

"Their ship hasn't reached the port yet, so once it has, the errand boy will retrieve them and the cargo," Sinbad answered before his prancing came to an abrupt stop, "We have to prepare our entrance!"

"Entrance?" The Fanalis questioned.

"We have to look dazzling but not like we're trying. Like, sure, we're trying but it's almost effortless," He explained while practicing his poses.

"You're being dramatic," Masumi sweat dropped, along with King Rashid who silently listened to their conversation.

"I'm being amazing," Sinbad retaliated, until he remembered about the item in his hands. "By the way, I bought you another gift."

The dungeon capturer offered the girl a familiar mask, which she recognised from the markets they had visited earlier. Masumi remembered the mask, the crimson-coloured face of a fierce beast; it's scarlet beauty etched into her mind.

"I fulfilled my promise to you," Sinbad grinned. Masumi took the mask with grateful hands and stroked her fingers along the dishevelled fur, her peachy lips curling upwards.

"Thank you. As much as I appreciate your gift, you need to stop wasting money on me," Masumi scolded, yet her glowing grin never wavered.

Sinbad admired the euphoric gleam flicker among her ruby eyes, enchanted with her mesmerising orbs.
"I like seeing you smile though. When you're happy, your whole face brightens."

Warmth flourished through Masumi's cheeks at his compliment, the unfamiliar feeling of embarrassment blossoming pink blotches across her face. She covered her expression with the crimson mask, hiding herself from Sinbad's stare.

"I can't see your smile anymore! Maybe it wasn't such a good idea buying a mask," He complained, reaching out to remove the obstacle from blocking her beauty. The Fanalis leaned away from his grasp, craning her neck out of Sinbad's reach.

"Leave me alone and don't touch my mask," Masumi demanded, whipping her head in all directions as the violet-haired boy circled around the redhead to reach for the mask.