IV

Masumi Arc || CHAPTER 4 : Hostile Impressions

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

° ☆.* + °.

"I must not fail," Sinbad muttered determinedly with his eyebrows furrowed together.

"You will not. I believe in you Sinbad, and will do everything in my power to help you as much as I can, even though I am not worthy of such an incredulous task," Masumi spoke up, her melodious voice knocking Sinbad out of his thoughts.

"Of course you're worthy Masumi. I couldn't ask for better support to help along the way. Thank you," Sinbad reassured the young girl, upset to think she would think so lowly of herself. He found it nice that he was not alone and had some support to help him out along the way, since there may be much pressure put upon him.

Sinbad's words repeated themselves in Masumi's head, but she found it hard to believe that she actually was worthy.

"I haven't seen you eat yet," Sinbad commented which snapped Masumi out of her thoughts as he shoveled his food down his throat. Sinbad had taken it upon himself to order for Masumi but she had not touched her meal yet.

"I'm fine," Masumi replied briefly and ignored the magnificent dish in front of her.

"No way. You might of lived differently before you joined my crew but we eat three times a day. So eat up! I'm in charge of making sure my comrades are well fed and looked after," Sinbad gave Masumi his signature grin that made all the girls swoon but she simply rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Okay," Masumi grumbled and ate her meal.

Just after the duo both finished dinner, an employee that was serving people approached their table.

"The room upstairs is all yours. The gentleman that was with you paid for your entire stay," He said before he walked off again.

"Well, let's head to our room then," Sinbad stood up from his seat and made his way up the stairs, with Masumi following his trail.

Sinbad entered the room they would stay in, along with Masumi who closed the door and stood in front of it like a bodyguard. Sinbad instantly made himself at home by leaning his scimitar against the drawer and flopping onto the bed so that he was staring at the ceiling.

As Sinbad simply gazed up and thought deeply about the incident with Harun that had just occurred, Masumi removed her hood and let her scarlet locks of hair tumble wavily down her back.