XIV

𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐢 𝐀𝐫𝐜 | 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒 :
𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘦

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

❝  𝚈𝚎𝚜... 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚑, 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚢  ❞

° ☆.* + °.

Chaos. Before the three countries of the Kou empire were unified by Hakutoku Ren, there was only chaos.

Barbaric wars erupted throughout the bloodied lands of scattered corpses. Especially in the extreme Eastern plains, where the people of Tenka had separated in discord. They constantly clashed, battling without mercy and suffering at the end results of their futile disputes.

However, when the division between Tenka had formed, one group formed a small village of peace and harmony; a community with no desire to engage in war. Their lifestyle was not luxurious, but as an large family, they enjoyed the harmonious environment they lived amid.

Among the people was a greatly respected woman of grace - Jasmine. She was admired by everyone; a dynamic leader and cherishing mother to all. Everyone was drawn to her as she possessed an aura of natural magnetism. Innovative, virtuous, benevolent - she was the perfect idol.

Clearly, she was easily identified as a Fanalis. Fiery hair of blazing scarlet that radiated as bright as her empowering charisma. Vivid eyes of lustrous crimson dazzling like rubies; she possessed the rarity of fine gems. But no one wished to capture her as a slave in exchange for treasures; she was family.

Jasmine was a proud, single mother of two magnificent children. Her eldest child and the mini version of herself, Masumi and her baby boy Yuudai. Despite the fact that her kids had never met their father, Jasmine always spoke highly of him. The Fanalis woman never doubted that their father was the greatest man with the purest heart.

Masumi - a gracious soul of goodwill - idolised and imitated her mother's generosity. Just like Jasmine, the youthful Fanalis was another icon among the village; endearing, diligent and compassionate. In the pleasant village - her beloved home- she was content. She couldn't have wished for a better life.

But that one dreadful night took everything she loved.

"You can't catch me Mama!" A small-fanged grin lingered on the boastful six-year old's lips as she scurried through the hut, her thick locks of scarlet hair trailing behind in the wind.