XII

𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐢 𝐀𝐫𝐜 | 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐 :
𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘰 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

❝  𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜  ❞

° ☆.* + °.

As Masumi made her way to Rurumu's room, the baby, in her embrace, snuggled closer to her lulling warmth, resting his head on her shoulder as he yawned. Gently, the Fanalis squeezed Kikiriku for comfort while thinking about Yuudai.

Masumi missed caring for and protecting young ones, like she did for her brother. But everytime she saw Kikiriku, or any other innocent toddler, the redhead was consumed by haunting guilt at the memory of failing her duty as a sister.

The sound of large footsteps suddenly snapped the Fanalis from her daze, each pace growing louder and closer until a frantic Imuchakk man emerged with a panicked face. Hinahoho glanced at his comrade and opened his mouth to start questioning her, until his eyes landed on Kikiriku drifting off into slumber in Masumi's arms.

"You found him! Thank you, Rurumu and I have been looking for this little rascal," Hinahoho sighed in relief, eyeing his troublemaking son who snored peacefully.

Carefully, Masumi handed Hinahoho the baby, cautious not to stir him awake as the father cradled Kikiriku in his sturdy arms.

"Goodnight," The redhead said, abruptly turning on her heel. Before she could leave though, the Imuchakk man spoke.

"I know we don't interact much, but I want you to know I'm here to help you if you need," Hinahoho blurted out.

Despite her blank expression never altering, she was confused by his sudden statement, tilting her head in puzzlement.

"When you were studying with Rurumu, I knew you were frustrated with her sometimes, but I never noticed you were struggling. I just want let you know if you ever need help, I'm always here to lend a hand," Hinahoho clarified. He didn't want his new comrade to feel as if she had to deal with any issues alone. She was now part of the crew.

"Thank you, I will help you too if you ever need my assistance,"  Masumi replied, returning the offer in appreciation of his kindness.

Without another word, the Fanalis walked towards her room while Hinahoho smiled at her effort to settle in with the crew and her comrades.