Chapter Thirty Seven

|Chapter Thirty Seven|

"You have done what?" Gemma found her voice to grow loud even in the small confines of Hade's study. She watched her grandson with a fierce eye, and began to question the way things were going to happen. She knew that he had a fascination with the human girl but she also knew it would lead him into trouble and he was willing to go through anything for her. Telling Gemma that he admitted his love for her, she was infuriated.

"I care very deeply for her. She is mine, and I dare anyone else to say any different. She will be coming with me to Olympus very soon but first I need to talk to Zeus, and Poseidon isn't all that thrilled either."

"Please listen to me when I say- She is never going to be Persephone. Never. Do not try to make her something she was never meant to be Hades."

"She is whatever she wants to be. Just as I have given her the freedom to do. This is my damn chance to be happy and what is so wrong with this idea that you just can't seem to grasp?"

"Excuse me? I have helped your little pet many times in her hour of need. Do not mistake me for someone I am not. You know good and damn well I want you to be happy but I also want you to be safe."

"Well I thank you for your concerns grandmother, but I need to go. Please fetch Winnie and have her tend to Alessa. If she is not already." Hades disappeared in that moment, leaving Gemma alone to her thoughts. She didn't despise Alessa, she just didn't feel like she was worth the trouble her grandson was putting in.

Meanwhile in her room, Alessa was running herself a bath and trying to get herself undressed so she wouldn't dirty the dress too much. Her body was sore, and shaken to be honest. Her legs felt like they would cave below her, and she knew it was because she had over worn herself with extraneous work. First taking the essence of Hades, and being in a place no human should be. In time itself, in a state that no one else could see. It was like standing behind a veil where you can see everything but no one can see you. She was unsure of how to feel in that kind of surrounding but at the time she didn't think about that. She only thought of what was before her.

She had admitted her harbored feelings for Hades, grown in short time, and she finally made love. Something she had been raised to believe you can only do with someone you love. It was enriching. Though it was making her sore after the first time, and she knew that it would fade eventually. She had heard many stories through the rumors in court, from listening over conversations as she had none of her own.

"Less?" Winnie called out softly, her voice echoing as she peaked her head in through the door of the bedroom suite. Alessa was quite joyful to see Winnifred as she came in to check on her. It was nice, being happy. Something Alessa was growing comfortable with.

"Winnie!" Alessa smiled instantly seeing her friend, knowing that she wasn't just another servant or maid. She cared for Winnie like Winnie cared for her.

"Oh look at you- you reek of him!" Winnie admitted freely, forgetting her station, or her place as she spoke to Alessa like a sister or best friend. "Never mind that- would you like me to draw you a bath?" Winnie started towards the bathing room, when she noticed the steam already coming through the door way. It looked like Alessa already started. Winnie felt upset knowing she came a bit too late and that her lady had to do something on her own.

"I've already started the bath- though I would love it if you could help me get the rest of the dress off. I'm still quite tired. My mind is awake, but my body says different."

"Oh my lady, Hades has given you such a radiant glow. It's so nice to see finally." There it went again, finally. Had everyone else really thought this was over-do? Had she made Hades wait so long that everyone was counting down the time before things progressed? Shaking her head of the thoughts, Alessa sighed with a good smile draped across her lips.