Canada x Reader (Soulmate AU)

Holy Maple Leaf-

You looked down at your wrist. The words, written in neat, printed handwriting, it said "Holy Maple Leaf-."

"Hm...Canadian?" You constantly asked yourself. "...."

Meanwhile...

Matthieu pulled the red hoodie sleeve up to his elbow. The words "Violet, or purple?" were written on his wrist in sort of sloppy, cursive handwriting. It wasn't until Alfred mentioned to him that it probably meant his eyes, as they were a light violet color. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

You walked out of your house, turning to lock the door. The red, orange, yellow, and the occasional green leaf/leaves fell from the trees surrounding your home.

At the same time..

Matthieu exited the nearby coffee shop, a bag of doughnuts and an iced coffee held in his dainty, pale hands. He walked quickly across the crosswalks, not wanting to be noticed at this very moment.

He looked to the side, continuing to walk quickly. Suddenly, he bumped into a woman. "Eh...Sorry!" He apologized, catching her (all the while dropping the bag of doughnuts).

  "Holy Maple Leaf- I'm so sorry!" Matthieu apologized. You blushed, remembering that is what it said on your wrist. You stared into his eyes, curious. "Are they violet...or purple..? Sorry, I know people have different preferences."

Matthieu's violet eyes lit up. Your sentence was ever so familiar. "Violet." He answered simply, helping you up (finally). You giggled, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

Matthieu jolted suddenly. "O-oh! I haven't even introduced myself, how rude of me! I'm Matthew...Matthew Williams." He used his western pronunciation instead of his French pronunciation.

You nodded, giggling at him hiding the accent. "Je m'appelle (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)." You introduced. Matthieu's eyes seemed to glow.

"You know French?" He asked like a child, suddenly picking up the doughnut bag. "A tiny bit. I've been trying to learn, Along with Italian and German!" You said cheerily.

Matthieu just about had it. You were absolutely gorgeous, and completely adorable! He grabbed your chin, gently forcing you to look him in the eye. You puckered your lips slightly. Matthieu found himself blushing the same shade of his hoodie at the moment.

He slowly leaned forward, connecting his slightly chapped lips to your plump ones.

You pulled away, smiling brightly. You hugged Matthieu. "We should probably get going.... you have anywhere to be?" He asked. You shook your head, hair flowing with the sudden quick movement.

"Holy Maple Leaf.." Matthieu murmured. You giggled, blushing. "Silly." You grabbed his free hand, tugging the Canadian along the sidewalk. Where you were going? No one knew. But you had a feeling you'd be staring into those violet eyes for more than five seconds.