NorIce

I've been writing a lot of NorIce lately-
Word count: 630
Snowflakes and Ice Skates
________________

Emil huffed, watching the puff of warm air filter away in the cold as he squeezed the hand entwined with his, not being able to help but smile as he felt a thumb run over his comfortingly. "I forgot how fun this is..." he mumbled, looking to his left to find Lukas - the male in which the hand tied with his belonged to - staring right back at him with bright, dark blue eyes.

The two Scandinavian representations were at the local skate rink, touching up on their ice skating skills. Emil, the far smaller Icelandic teenager faked being nervous for the sole purpose as to hold Lukas' hand. Lukas, the taller Norwegian young adult played along as he knew the Icelander had trouble communicating what he wanted/needed.

With a gentle push, Lukas guided the smaller of the two as he skated backwards. Emil held his breath, clutching on to his brother's hands tightly and wanting nothing more than to impress the one person he cared for greatly. Building up as much courage as the Icelander had left, he began to push himself across the ice in an attempt to move a few feet away from their previous position.

An encouraging soft smile tugged at the corner of Lukas' lips, a twinkle of gratitude sparkling in his eyes that thinned with a grin. "You're getting there." He spoke. A crooked smile stretched across Emil's cheeks, freckles distorting as amethyst orbs sparkled with glee.

With a boost of confidence, Emil pushed off at a quicker pace, heart beat picking up speed as he felt Lukas let go and swerve out of the way. "You've got it, I'll be right beside you and catch you if you fall." He assured the teen as a rosy blush dusted the Icelanders' already red with cold cheeks.

Emil nodded, calming his shaking as he tried to keep a steady pace, releasing a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding whenever he felt Lukas' hands gently rest on his hips to guide him.

It soon began to snow, which meant that they would have to evacuate so people could clear the rink. Emil slowed to a stop, grabbing one of the hands on his hips and entwining his cold fingers with Lukas'.

The teenager looked back at the Norwegian with a smile, getting a gesture similar to his in return as Lukas squeezed Emil's hand lovingly. Snowflakes had piled in both of the Nordics' hair, more so in the Icelanders' as he gave a rosy-cheeked giggle.

Lukas pulled Emil closer, wrapping his arm around the teen's waist as he guided the smaller to a bench. As soon as the Icelander sat down, a snowflake landed and balanced perfectly on his button nose.

Lukas snorted at Emil's stunned expression, setting a hand gently on the teenagers' shoulder comfortingly as if telling him not to move. The Norwegian leaned in and gave Emil a gentle kiss, resting a hand on the a Icelanders' neck as the other cupped the younger's cheek.

Snowflakes piled on both of their noses, cooling the Scandinavians' blushes. Their ice skates hung heavy on their feet, binding them to the ice that they didn't necessarily mind being confined to in that moment.

Emil wrapped his arms around Lukas' neck, pulling away from the kiss and resting his head against his brother's chest. They spent another few minutes in comfortable silence before the Icelander yawned like a kitten, Lukas rubbing his shoulders comfortingly while scratching his back. The Norwegian smiled to himself as he heard Emil yawn once more, snuggling in to his chest further.

And that's how they spent the rest of their winter evening, surrounded by snowflakes and ice skates.