Second Life [pt.2]

)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-(

   4 years later

It was finally here, the final day at the academy. After 4 years of waiting, the test to become a fully fledged ninja, to become a genin was finally here...

I couldn't care less.

A test to become the lowest rank. It's not even that hard.

Of course I'm not going to show my lack of emotion on my face. I had a fake look of nervousness, just so I wouldn't stand out. I was just another kid to everyone else, nothing special.

The only people in the class to ever acknowledge me are Shino, Shikamaru and on rare occasions, Sasuke. They were the only people to see I was slightly smarter then I let on, though I doubted they had any idea to how much extent. Besides, it was the 3 quietest people in the class, it wasn't like were going to actually seek me out and ask.

"Uzumaki Naruto, please come in to the testing room please." Asked Iruka-sensei.

Finally.

This meant it would be my turn soon. The children were being called down by their last name in alphabetical order. Myself being last just behind Naruto, due to an error, as I should be just before him. It happened when I transferred, and nobody seemed to care enough to fix it.

Can't blame the Hokage, with all the paper work he has to go through.

I couldn't believe the test to become a genin was just doing the clone jutsu. Either Tobirama was an idiot when he made the system, or the village has softened up a lot. It was most likely the latter knowing the Senju's strict nature. Despite the lack of information regarding him in canon, 'lenient' was something he most certainly was not.

"Hanadji Bāsuto, please enter the testing room," Iruka-sensei asked me.

I stand and head to the testing room just behind Iruka-sensei. I pulled my skills a lot. I was average in just about everything...

Except taijutsu.

It was the one thing I wasn't good at, and that wasn't just me purposefully doing it. A civilian could beat me in a straight-up brawl, just to show my lack of skill in the art.

No matter how much I trained in it, I just couldn't grasp it. It wasn't to say I was physically weak, I could pump chakra into my muscles if I wanted to to make me reasonably strong and fast, it was just I couldn't throw a proper punch or kick. It wasn't reasonable at all, but that was the case.

"-form the clone jutsu." I barely catch Mizuki-sensei say.

I perform the jutsu and make 3 clones of myself, though one of them had the kunai pouch on the wrong side. Both noticed it immediately, though neither made a comment about it.

Iruka-sensei marks something down on a sheet before looking up at me.

"Good job, here's your headband! You have now become an official ninja of Konohagakure. Congratulations!" Iruka-sensei congratulates while handing me a headband.

They make this seem like such a big deal, as though two-thirds of us aren't coming straight back here again.

I take it and tie it onto a small hole in my sweater's pocket, that I made specifically for this purpose. I nod my head and say thank you before leaving the room. I head outside and see Naruto sitting on a swing, looking close to crying. I walk by without saying a word.

It wasn't my problem. His ninja status would get resolved tonight without my interference anyway, so there was no point in doing anything. Even if the forbidden jutsus on the scroll were tempting.