Third Life prt:1

Basuto's P.O.V

I felt Kakashi's hand go right through my chest, electrifying me and destroying my entire heart in the process.

Everyone else on the bridge stared at me in shock, Kakashi especially, staring down at his arm with an almost frightened look. His face went through many different emotions before finally speaking.

"Why?"

I look at him dead in the eye.

"We need them alive" I barely manage. I point to the edge of the bridge where the first few of Gato's men were.

"Besides," Cough. " I'll be f-fine. Its just my heart being destro-" Cough. " I crack in a joke at the 

end. My sight blurred and everything went dark. The last thing I heard was Naruto.

"Of course. You're B-bāsuto. You'll be f-fine. Dattabayo."

And with that, darkness consumed me.

¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤

Third person P.O.V (only the voices)

"Well, haven't seen you in a while... Bāsuto."

"Kami. It's been around 8 years since I last saw you. It seems you're going to show up every time I die?"

"Yes, I will be talking to you every time you die. I feel this is a good time to do a small bit of explaining, since you kind of jumped the gun after I mentionned coming to the elemental nations.

Starting with the physical stuff: there's not much to it, you've probably noticed a few of the changes already.

Obviously, you have more than one life now, and even though your body technically dies and is reborn each time you die, all clothing and accessories, as well physical strength and other things like that will also carry over.

Another thing, everytime you die, your hair is going to get a slight bit lighter, going from your previous black hair, through shades of grey, to White on your final life. As you slowly go through your lives, your hair will reflect that loss of each life."

"That's very interesting, but I dont want to waste any of this precious time we have, how much time do we have anyway?"

"15 minutes, after that your body will reform within about 10 feet of where you died. That's your time window everytime we meet."

"Good to know. As I was saying, I want to know the exact idea of what I'm dealing with. For instance, there is no locked fate that I must follow? Like, if I were to kill Orochimaru, would someone else come and take his place to force this world onto its fated course?"

"No, if that were the case I'd have no need to bring you at all, it wouldnt be much help if all of your actions were inconsequential. Each and every action you take has an equal and adverse reaction in the world around you, nothing you do is inconsequential. Think of it as the butterfly effect."

"So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much have my actions changed the shinobi world compared to canon?"

"I'd say... about a 3. You haven't done enough to cascade everything to the point the plot is unrecognizable, but as I said, everything you do, no matter how small, is going to have some sort of effect to the world. So, over these past 8 years, you actions have changed the world from canon by about that much."