Fourth Life Prt:7

"Jiraiya."

"Well hello there, Is this one of your friends ga-oh, It's you."

"Yes, it is me."

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I happened to be walking by when I noticed you training Naruto. I decided to stop by to make sure you were remaining professional while teaching."

"O-of course I was! You expect anything less of the great jiraiya?!"

I leveled him a deadpan stare. After a few seconds I turned to Naruto.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a pervert has he been?" I asked.

Naruto was happy to jump into the conversation despite not knowing the full context of what was going on.

Naruto thought for a moment, putting a hand up to his chin in a thinking position. After a moment, he gave his reply, "At least an 8."

I looked back at jiraiya for moment, then back to naruto.

"Less then I expected." I mumbled to myself, ensuring both the other shinobi could hear me.

Jiraiya glared at both me and Naruto.

"Oi bra-" He didn't get to finish his sentence before he was cut off.

"How do you even know this guy Bāsuto?" Naruto asked, looking between myself and the Toad sannin.

I sighed, knowing this was gonna be a long story. I leaned against a nearby tree, both for comfort and the distinct air of dissatisfaction it seemed emanate, all directed towards jiraiya.

"Well, I was travelling through waterfall country when I was about 7 years old, when I saw this old man walking through town. He looked pretty weird, so I thought it would be interesting to follow him and see what he was doing. Turns out he was a pervert and was peeping on the womans hot spring." Jiraiya was red from rage by this point, despite having only begun my story. "After following him a bit longer, I found out he was Jiraiya of the Sannin, and asked him for some seals."

Within seconds of mentioning anything to do with fuinjitsu, Jiraiya's rage disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"That's right, I forgot about that detail. You never did say what you were gonna do with then."

"And I don't intend to."

"Well, I suppose I'll see them during the final exams then? Unless you've managed to lose them that is. They were quite hard to make, and costed quite a bi-oh shit." He cut himself off from his ramblings as he realized his mistake.

I glared at him with an intense passion, my expressionless mask falling away in the blink of an eye. It would be impossible to keep the facade of uncaring considering the circumstances.

"Yes. It did cost quite a bit didn't it?" Jiraiya took a nervous step back.

"Well what did it cost?" Naruto asked, innocently unaware of the tension between the two of us.

I continued to glare at him, even as I moved towards Naruto and cupped a hand to his ear.

"h......tr.......tsu.......and......sha....." naruto's eyes grew to saucers as I whispered an explanation. After I finished, he stared at me for a second before turning and glaring at jiraiya with just as much intensity I had.

"If you think that your gonna make me do that to get your training, think again you pervert!" Naruto exclaimed, extravagantly pointing a finger at jiraiya.

The man was about to give a come back, but was silenced by my glare returning with just as much intensity.

"O-of course not. I would never do anything like that again, I l-learned my lesson the first time." He stuttered out his reply. I glared at him for a moment longer, then nodded my head and walked off.