Second Life [pt.4]

)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-(

Naruto was easily held back by Kakashi's hand, halting any attempted attack.

"You're in the way, get back." There was no tone in his voice, only a dead seriousness Naruto rarely saw on the Jonin.

"But I can handle it!"

"He's not like the other ninja, he's in a whole other league."

I knew what was about to happen, and was almost disappointed I wouldn't get to see it right now from my position behind Kakashi. I considered for a moment, debating the pros and cons of the stupid thing I was about to do.

"If he's our opponent, then I'll need this." I almost hesitated, my inner fanboy from years before longed to see Kakashi be badass with his sharingan. I was rational though, and resisted that urge with ease.

A kunai flying past Kakashi's head made him let go of his headband in surprise, turning around to look at the one who had thrown it, me.

"Basuto, did you not here a word I just said to Naruto?" He was almost glaring as he shouted at me. Any reply that could have left my mouth was interrupted by a deep chuckle.

"Hahaha! I was going to say that none of your snot-nosed brats are true shinobi, but it seems from the blood on his clothes and the look on his face, that maybe one of you do deserve to wear that headband. Hell, he even aimed for a killing blow on my neck. There is hope for the new genera-" He missed the string attached to the thrown kunai until it was too late, a flick of my finger and the kunai came flying back to my hand. In its wake, only a small nick on Zabuza's arm.

Despite the scratch doing little to nothing, his annoyance was still clear as day.

"You brat, I'll kill you first!" His killer intent was overwhelming. Despite it's focus on myself, I could see my teammates shaking in response to it.

Done pushing my luck, I nodded to Kakashi, in both a 'go ahead' and 'don't let the crazy psychopath with the huge sword kill me'.

It was debatable whether he interpreted it as the first or the second, but Kakashi nodded back in response. He lifted up his headband, this time without interruption.

It seemed useless to do all of that, but the goal wasn't to help. This was a test, to see how much little actions like that could change. I hadn't had the chance before, This was one of the first times I was in a major onscreen scene, so it would be easier to see the differences without making bigger changes.

I left my thoughts when the killer intent pushing down on me was released. As annoyed as Zabuza was with me, he was experienced enough to focus on the main threat in front of him.

"Kakashi of the Sharingan Eye, did I get that right?" He snarked.

I could practically feel Sasuke's surprise, even without looking at him. I nearly smirked out loud when I remembered it. Kakashi being an Uchiha? His hair is way too bright for that.

"It's too bad, but you'll have to hand over the old man." He said to the fellow jonin.

"Quick, manji formation! Protect the bridge builder! And stay out of this fight!" He was still annoyed with my stunt, I was probably in for a stern talking to later.

"Well, it looks like I get to see the sharingan in action... this is an honor," Zabuza said with earnest. 

You and me both Zabuza, and I'm not sure whether to be sad or glad I'm not able to see it right now.

"Does anyone know what the sharingan is?!" Naruto asked, the only shinobi unaware of the sharingan. Sasuke jumped at the opportunity to explain his clan's signature dojutsu.