Fourth Life [pt.8]

The long-awaited time had finally come. After a month of rigorous training, it was time for 12 genin to face against each other in the arena. With genin from Kumo, Suna, and Konoha it was certainly going to be a memorable event. The roster had some of the greatest prodigies of their generation, with participants such as the famed last Uchiha, and two of the Kazekage's children. There was no specific fight anyone was excited for more than the rest, every single one of them was one that would leave an impact on all those who viewed it.

Only 2 people were missing from that group of genin. Both Naruto and Sasuke were not in the arena just as it was about to start, and many were quick to notice it.

"Hey Bāsuto, where the hell did your teammates go?" Jade asked the henged genin, and the only member of team 7 actually at the arena.

"The rest of my team is notorious for being late, I wouldn't be surprised if they get disqualified for not showing up at all."

"Seriously?! I can understand why that Naruto-baka would be late, but Sasuke-kun too?" Sakura exclaimed from nearby.

Just as it seemed the exams would go on without them, Naruto came barreling into the arena, nearly crashing into some of the participants.

"You won't believe it, there's a huge hoard of bulls coming ri-" Naruto was cut off before he could finish his explanation, a quick elbow nudge from Basuto was all it took to quiet him down.

Finally taking the time to look around, Naruto noticed the rest of the participants lined up. In a much lower voice, Naruto glanced at Bāsuto.

"Hey, where's Sasuke?"

There was no chance for anyone to reply, as the Procter interrupted any further chatting.

"Quit fidgeting back there, stand up straight, and present yourself proudly to the spectators."

The reaction to those words was immediate. Naruto glanced up towards the stands in awe. Quickly that awe was replaced by a smirk, and he proudly stood for those spectators, who had come from all over the nation to watch this final round of the chunin exams.

"You guys are the heroes of this final exam."

°•○o○•°•○o○°•○o○•°

Unbeknownst to those below, the kage booth was thick with tension. Of the three kage supposed to attend, only 2 were currently seated within the booth.

"Any sign of Sasuke?" The Hokage whispered to the jonin next to him.

"We have sent an ANBU party to look for him, but there is still no sign. He may already be in Orochimaru's hands." The jonin replied nervously. He hoped it was not the case, the Uchiha clan was a founding member of Konoha, and to lose the last loyal member would be a major blow to Konoha.

"I understand."

"What are you whispering about over there, and why hasn't your shinobi arrived yet?!" A shouted, angry that the exams were being delayed due to a Konoha genin. Behind the imposing figure of the Raikage, two others stood silently behind him. One looked much like A, very tall and muscular, while the other held much less of a presence. Behind the Raikage were both Kumo's jinchuriki, the Raikage's personal escorts. They both remained completely silent, though that may have only been because of the smaller woman constantly elbowing the larger man.

Hiruzen glanced briefly at the red-skinned man, though before any response could be given the final kage attending arrived.

"Ah, glad to see you made it Kazekage-sama." The Sarutobi said, redirecting the conversation away from Sasuke's lack of appearance.