merry christmas!

I think this takes the cake. I mean, I get Halloween, there could easily have been something that caused it to still happen, perhaps even Kami herself ensured it would still happen, but how the hell did Christmas happen!

It is litterally a holiday that came about because someone was born in my world on December 25th! It's name came about because it was a day to have mass about Jesus christ. How the hell does that come about in a world where jesus didnt exist?

I've basically given up trying to explain these events. It feels like it's all just for the amusement of some higher beings looking down on me as if I were nothing more then a character in a story.

"Yo Bāsuto, quit brooding and come join the party!" Naruto exclaims, breaking me out of my musings.

not brooding, I dont brood

He proceeds to drag me towards the other side of the room, where everybody else was.

Well besides shino, me and him were enjoying the silence on that side of the room

I don't even know where we are, infact I don't remember ever actually coming here. It looks like a normal dining hall you'd see big Christmas parties happen at, you know, where it can be whatever amount of space is needed to make all the scenes possible?

"Well, I'm here now Naruto, what did you need from me?" I asked as I sat back down with everyone else, who were sitting in a half circle on the floor around the tree.

Our senseis sitting on a sofa just nearby, kakashi lazily slouched on the left armrest. Asuna was doing much the same on the other side, only with a cigarette in his mouth. Kurenai seemed to be the only one on the couch genuinely excited, and was chatting away with some of the other kunoichi in the konoha 12.

Gai was here aswell, but he and Lee were having a push up competition by the fire.

"We're opening presents now that everyones here and we're not letting you skip out on this!"

"Ma ma, let's not fight too much naruto, this is a day for celebration you know. You can all start handing out presents." Kakashi said from behind his book, Icha Icha kurisumasu (christmas).

With kakashi's approval, we all handed out our gifts to each other.

Within seconds, it became a tornado of wrapping paper, as it tended to be when 12 people were all opening presents at the same time.

"Ew, what is this?" Sakura exclaimed disgusted, looking at the item she had taken from out of one of her presents.

"It is a training outfit, so you can train to your fullest potential, my beautiful flower!" Lee replied energetically.

"Indeed, it is a gift from both me and Lee! Infact we got one for everyone!" Gai added on. And it was true, as everyone opened their next present, we all received green leotards.

Most of us pretended to appreciate them, but everyone collectively looked at each other in silent aknowledgement that they would all be burned.

There were a few specialized gifts, like dog treats for kiba to give to akamaru, but other then that, the presents were pretty normal.

Clothes, snacks and the such, even shinobi weapons were a pretty common gift to receive.

After everyone opened all of their presents, a single one remained left under the tree. Asuma quickly took notice of this, and went over to check the name.

"It says, To: Bāsuto, from: Anonymous. Wonder who that could be. Well, it's for you." He read out loud, then passed it to me.

Everyone stared at me, waiting for me to open the mysterious present.

Why must I be the one to have all the attention on?

Sighing, I neatly take off the ribbon, and take off all the wrapping without ripping any of it.

a habit I picked up back on earth, because it's such a waste to have to buy new wrapping paper every year, when that money can be spent on much better things

Taking the lid off the box, there was only a single thing inside it. A small button with a note attached to it.

Everyone crowded around me as I took it out, trying to read the note.

I read it aloud, knowing they would ask me to anyways.

"Dear Bāsuto, don't you love this mysterious button I've given you? You should press it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!"

"Well, isn't that troublesome."

"I wonder what it does."

"Who could have sent it?"

"You should press it."

I make a move to press the button, but stop just as I was about to.

I look towards neji.

"There is no chakra in this button at all correct?" I can already sense there isn't, but I want to be doubly sure.

He activates his byakuugan, then nods.

I sigh one final time, before pressing the button.

"FUCKING NORMEES, REEEEEEEE-"

°•○o○•°•○o○°•○o○•°

Merry Christmas, my loyal followers (or after Christmas, cause who's actually gonna read this on Christmas?)

As I said in the previous actual chapter, there is no December chapter. Only this special, and edits to previous chapters. I wanted to take a break for the Christmas season, eh?

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little Christmas special, and have a merry christmas, and a happy new year!

-Justsk8n