Second Life [pt.3]

3rd person P.O.V (can you believe it! I'm not doing 1st person anymore!)

"This is Sasuke, I'm at point A."

"Point B."

...

"This is Naruto at point C, dattebayo!"

"Too slow Naruto- the target has moved, follow it!"

In case you couldn't tell, Team 7 was doing the Demon Cat Tora mission.

"I'm going in, ttebayo!" Naruto whisper yelled through the microphone.

He jumped at the cat, pinning it down temporarily, before lifting it up with one hand. Tora then started scratching at his face unrelentingly as the rest of team 7 jumped down from their positions.

Bāsuto walked up to Naruto and grabbed Tora with a blank face. The cat immediately calmed down and relaxed in Bāsuto's arms, curling itself in a ball and sleeping.

The rest of team 7 looks at Bāsuto confused, Kakashi and Naruto especially. Kakashi because in all of his years of being a shinobi, he had never seen Tora relaxed like this. And Naruto because, well, the claw marks on his face could explain themselves.

'Idiots, it's not like it's that big a deal.'

Kakashi was now staring at Bāsuto like he had answers to life. After all, a loophole to the grueling task known as catching Tora was the answers of the universe, wasn't it?

"Okay then, let's go report to the Hokage," Kakashi said to the genin with a newfound respect for one of them.

It seemed Sasuke was glaring at Bāsuto, possibly jealous, noticing that Kakashi staring at him with respect. Well, as much respect as you can get from a single eye being visible on an entire face.

¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤

"Okay, let's see what missions we have available. Babysitting, gardening, grocery shop-"

"NO!" Naruto said, making a big X with his arms.

"I'm sick and tired of these chores! Come on, we're shinobi now! Give us better missions, Old Man!" He screamed at the wizened Hokage.

Iruka glared at him angrily.

"NARUTO! Quit being disrespectful! You're only genin, so these missions are matched to your capabilities. Shinobi missions are divided into 4 ranks: D rank, C rank, B rank, and A rank. These ranks are made to show their difficulty, D rank being perf-"Iruka trails off noticing only Bāsuto was listening, though Bāsuto was just pretending.

The rest, including their sensei, had stopped paying attention to him. Naruto was talking about ramen, the Uchiha was staring off into space thinking about revenge, and Kakashi was reading his book.

"LISTEN TO ME YOU BRATS!" Iruka yells using big-head-jutsu.

Getting everyone's attention, he clears his throat to continue, only to be cut off by the Hokage.

"Leave it, Iruka. I'll give team 7 a C-rank mission. You'll be bodyguarding someone." The Hokage says to team 7, believing in them as well as their sensei.

"Who is it?! A princess? Or a lord from another land?" Naruto yells excitedly, exhilarated at the prospect of getting to protect someone.

"Send him in." He tells the chunin by the door. They go outside the office and come back in with an old man with a bottle of sake in his hand, the smell of alcohol wafting from him.

"I'm Tazuna, master bridge builder from the Land of Waves! Are these snot-nosed brats the ones protecting me? They don't even look like ninja! Especially the idiot midget." Said Tazuna rudely, introducing himself.