Third life prt: 2

Bāsuto woke up in one of the upstairs rooms of Tazuna's house. After a quick moment to gain his bearings, he noticed what was off.

Kami's laughing at me right now, I can feel it.

As soon as he got out of the bed he moved to look in the mirror. Looking at himself, he sighed loudly. He looked quite different than he did before he died. Of course, there were effects he was expecting, like his hair colour changing, Then there were changes he was definitely NOT expecting. Just small little things like the fact he looked multiple years younger than before.

I should have expected this from kami. She was being so vague about it too. I hope you're fucking enjoying this

Before he could think any longer on his current appearance, he heard somebody coming up the stairs and closing in on the door.

The door knob twisted open, and Kakashi's head slipped through the crack.

"Oh Bāsuto, you're awa-" He trailed off when he saw Basuto's noticable change in appearance.

"What happened?" He asked, very confused.

"An unexpected variable," Basuto replied shortly, still staring at the mirror infront of him. He knew there was no point in trying to hide the truth now.

Kakashi gave a stern glare and closed the door behind him.

"An 'unexpected variable' in what? Stop being cryptic. I'm your sensei, I deserve the truth. You're not leaving this room until I get answers." He told the reincarnated child.

Bāsuto sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to slither his way out of this.

"Fine, I'll tell you, however I'm giving the short version because I know I'll have to explain it again in the presence of the hokage." Basuto replied.

Kakashi nodded his head, agreeing to the the terms.

"I made a deal with someone, and that deal gave me the power to basically come back from the dead. They were quite cryptic about the rules and limitations of it, so I've been trying to figure out the specifics." Basuto explained.

Kakashi listened as Bāsuto gave his very short explanation, before replying in turn.

"What do you mean by 'coming back from the dead'?"

"Exactly what it sounds like. Should I ever die, like what happened yesterday, I come back. Of course, it would be insane should I actually have infinite lives, so I only have 9. After the ninth death, I don't come back."

Kakashi pauses for a moment in thought, before asking one final question.

"How many times have you died?"

Bāsuto considers this for a moment.

Do I tell the truth or start an elabrate set of lies and half truths?

"I've died 3 times already, making this my fourth life."

Kami, this is so going to bite me in the ass one day

Kakashi didn't seem to notice the lie, as he was to deep in thought. After a long pause, he finally acknowledged Basuto.

"Alright, we can get into more details back in Konoha, for now though, how are you going to explain this to your teammates?" He asked gesturing to Bāsuto's new age.

"Exactly what I told you." He said not really in the mood to talk anymore.

I hate talking, and yet these three are to the point of making my vocal cords sore.