Chapter 2

Okay. Sorry it's been a couple of days since I updated. I've been kind of busy. Anyway, I love music so this story has a lot of lyrics in it and I forgot to put the names of them in the actual story so they'll be at the very beginning or end of each part. In this one, the song is My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. Hope you like it. (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard my door crack. "Can I talk to you?"

I turned over and saw Mom standing in the doorway, "I guess,"

"Don't get mad." She paused and I nodded. "I have no choice but to send you to Alabama. You'll get to come home over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break. I'll come visit as much as possible and I'll try and bring some of your friends with you. I'll do my best to make this bearable for you, and I'm sorry that I have to force you to go."

"When am I leaving?"

She sighed, "Next Thursday, and before you get upset, I'm bringing everyone down to celebrate your birthday the Wednesday after next. Just, please, go and try to have a good time."

I nodded and got up off my bed and walked to my closet and took out my suitcase and began to pack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I grabbed my bags and headed towards the plane. Los Angeles, oh how I'd miss it. Dad had sent me a CD to try and get me in the "country mood," but honestly, I didn't want to be on my way to Alabama. I felt like he was being completely unreasonable in making me come live with him for a year. I mean, why couldn't he just come to Los Angeles and visit me? That'd be so much simpler. And to make it worse, none of my friends, including my boyfriend, even showed up to tell me bye. I looked back and saw my mom shedding a few tears, it'd be at least a month until I got to see her again. I smiled and waved and boarded the plane.

I grabbed my seat and waited for take off. I put my dad's CD into my moms old CD player. "This is beautiful," I thought to myself. I began to sing along as it played on, "Someday some boy will come and ask me for your hand, but I won't say yes to him unless I know, he's the half that makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man. I know he'll say he's in love, but between you and me, he won't be good enough!"

"Excuse me?" I looked to see a guy standing by my row of seats. I took off my headphones so I could hear him better. He smiled, "I believe one of these is my seat."

"Oh. I'm sorry," I apologized and grabbed my things and shoved them in the compartment. I sat back down and introduced myself, "Hi, I'm Blake."