Chapter 3

I'm like freaking out right now because Shane Harper is following me on Twitter now!! Ahh!! His music is great!! Anyway, just had to put that out there. Hope you like it. (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm Niall." He took his seat, "I see you like Tim McGraw. I'm a fan of his too." He had a strange accent.

"I didn't know exactly who I was listening to. My dad just sent me this CD to listen to before I saw him. I don't really listen to country music," I explained.

"Ah. Well your off to a good start with Tim McGraw. He's one of the best country artists there is, and "My Little Girl" was one of his biggest hits."

"That's some good information. What about this song? Who is she and how successful is she?" I questioned.

"Oh. That's a great song too. I'm not exactly a big fan of hers but most teenage girls are. She's won two Entertainer of the Year awards at the CMA's. The song your listening to is called Sparks Fly."

"Wow. You sure do know your country music." I said awed.

"Yeah, well my granddad lives in a small town in Alabama now and when I visit him music is all he talks about." He explained.

'Small town Alabama,' I thought to myself. He couldn't possibly be going to the same place I was, could he? I smiled at him and put my headphones back on and tried to fall asleep.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt someone nudge me and I woke up. "We're in Dallas. It's time to get off the plane." I heard Niall say. I grabbed my things from the overhead compartment and exited the plane like everyone else. It'd be two hours until I got on the next plane, so I decided to grab something from the coffee shop. I turned on the CD player again, "I loved her first. I held her first, and a place in my heart will always be hers. From the first breath she breathed, when she first smiled at me, I knew the love of a father runs deep. I prayed that she'd find you some day, but it's still hard to give her away. I loved her first." I sang.

"Ah," I heard, "I Loved Her First by Heartland. I feel like your father made a theme for your CD. He's got great taste in music though." Niall grinned.

"I'll be sure to tell him." I giggled. "You want to listen?" I asked.

"Sure." He paused as the next song began to play. "Where are you headed?" He wondered.

"Oh you know, just in the direction of horses and cow poop, aka, south Alabama," I complained.

"Don't diss! That's where I'm going babe, and I don't appreciate that you just think of it as horses and cow poop. Some of the people there are the kindest people you'll ever meet. They'd give you the shirt off their back if you needed it."

"I didn't say it was a bad thing, it's just not me." I paused, "Oh, hey, I know this song! It was on Hannah Montana!" I smiled. "She's at the starting line of the rest of her life, as ready as she's ever been. She's got the hunger and the stars in her eyes, the prize is hers to win. She's waiting on my blessings before she hits that open road, well baby get ready, get set, please don't go."

He laughed, "You have a beautiful singing voice, Blake." Niall sighed. "Blake? I don't mean to be nosey, but why exactly is your dad wanting you to listen to all these songs about father's and their daughters?"

"Uh, let's just say it's a long story."

"We don't board the plane until four and it's two-thirty. I think we have plenty of time," He winked.

"Ugh. Fine. When I was eight, my mom and dad had been fighting a lot. I never understood what about, but one day, Daddy got sick of it and left and that was the last time I saw him. Then last week, I get this letter from him wanting me to come visit him in Alabama. I wasn't going to come until my mom told me that if I didn't go and visit, he'd fight for custody and I might have to live there permanently. I guess these songs are his way of apologizing or something."

"That wasn't long at all." He chuckled, "but, I'm really sorry that that happened to you. What about your siblings? Or do you have any?"

"Um...well I have a little sister, Dayton, she's nine and my mom didn't want her to fly with just me. She didn't think it was safe. Then there's my brother, Wesley, he's nineteen. He left with my dad. He was eleven at the time and he needed a father. I just hope they like who I've become."

"Well, I know we just met, but I'm pretty sure they're going to love you." He smiled. "Come on. We've got over an hour till we get back on the plane. Let's look around."