Chapter 6

I finally managed to finish my book report. Yeah, and to make it worse, I now have to read Animal Farm. Fun stuff. Oh, and some of you found my Twitter and were asking if I was a Christian. The answer is yes. That's why you won't find cussing, drugs, or sex in any of my stories. Anyway, hope you guys like this part. I tried to make it a little longer. (:

I ran upstairs and dug through my suitcases. I grabbed my yellow striped tank top, jean shorts, and a pair of thong sandals. "I should look like a local in these," I told myself. I grabbed my shampoo, soap, and razor and headed towards the bathroom.

I walked through the front doors of my new school. The Cougars. I saw everyone looking at me, wondering who I was I supposed. I heard whispers but I held my head up. "I should've worn jeans and a t-shirt like everyone else," I thought. I got in line to receive my locker number while Dad went to the bathroom. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. "Yes?" I said as I turned around.

"Oh come on. It's only been a day. I know you haven't forgotten about me since then." He joked.

"Niall! What are the chances of my dad living in the same small town as your granddad?" I giggled.

He laughed, "Are you enjoying the horses and cow poop?"

"I actually like horses, surprisingly. I haven't ran into any cow poop since I've been here either so I'm pretty happy about that, too."

"Your doing pretty good then. What grade are you in?" He wondered.

"I'm a sophomore. What about you, mister? Do you go to school here, because you definitely don't sound like a local."

"I'm going to school here this year. I needed to get away from Ireland for a while. I'll be a junior," He smiled.

"Ah, well I got to hurry and get through. I have practice for a wedding next week."

"Mark's?" He asked.

"Uh. Yeah. His. Anyway, I'll see you around." I waved and walked towards my dad.

"Blakely-Olivia, you didn't get any of your stuff. What were you doing?" Dad asked.

"Uh, I was talking and just forgot I guess. I'm sorry, I'll go get it. Oh, and Dad? What do you know about a Niall? He's visiting his granddad here,"

"It's fine, just hurry up and get it. Wedding rehearsal starts in thirty minutes. I'll tell you about Niall later. I'll get your schedule. You go get your locker number."

I went and skipped Niall. He was snickering. "I, uh, forgot to get my locker number." I murmured.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You must be Blakely! It's so nice to meet you! I'm glad you decided to sing for mine and Mark's wedding. My name's Dianne. I heard you were amazing. You'll only have to sing Beautiful by Christine Aguilera. That'll be the father-daughter dance. Then you'll sing I'll Stand by You by Carrie Underwood for mine and Mark's first dance. Do you wanna run through them real quick?" She spit out.

"Uh, yeah that sounds good." Dianne got the musicians and they began to play I'll Stand by You.

"Let's just warm you up with this song first then we'll run through the whole thing."

I nodded and the musicians continued to play. "Oh, why you look so sad? The tears are in you eyes, come on and come to me, now. Don't be ashamed to cry. Let me see you through, cause I've seen the dark side too. When the night falls on you, and you don't know what to do, nothing you confess, could make me love you less. I'll stand by you. I'll stand by you. Won't let nobody hurt you, I'll stand by you." Dianne smiled.

"I'm so glad you're the one singing at the wedding. You have a beautiful voice. I'm going to set up the reception area. Just run through those two songs and you should be good." I nodded and Dianne scurried off.

"Let's run through Beautiful and then we'll call it a night." I told the band. They smiled and I could tell they appreciated it. The music started back up. "Everyday is so wonderful, and suddenly, it's hard to breathe. Now and then, I get insecure, from all the pain, feel so ashamed. I am beautiful no matter what they say. Words can't bring me down. I am beautiful in every single way. Yes, words can't bring me down. Oh, no, so don't you bring me down today," I was getting into the song and as I looked up I saw Niall. A smile spread across my face. "To all your friends your delirious, so consumed, in all your doom. Tryin' hard to fill the emptiness, the piece is gone, left the puzzle undone. Ain't that the way it is? You are beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring you down. No, no. You are beautiful, in every single way. Yes, words can't bring you down. Oh, no. So don't you bring me down today." I looked up and Niall was standing right in front of me. The music stopped and I stepped down in front of Niall.