Bleeding Out

AN: This chapter and the next one are dedicated to RandomHearts82, for breaking through my mental block and giving me a great idea for the story. Thank you tons, RandomHearts82.

We land in Vegas. We're home for two weeks this time, since we filmed an overload of episodes.

Freedom, at last.

Well, kinda. Zak and I were still working on the invitations, and I had been talking to a professional wedding planner for a couple of days about the project.

But then, Aaron had suggested that we all take some time off from our personal tasks, and go out.

So now I'm standing in front of the mirror, trying to apply lipstick without smearing it.

God help me.

Zak calls from the living room,"Come on, Sare! Or else they'll pressure us into the first dance! And we both don't want that!"

I laugh, somehow managing not to make a red line across my cheek or nose. I roll my eyes in the mirror, which I can actually see now, since I have my contacts in for the night.

I pucker my lips, rubbing them together to even out the lipstick, and turn off the light on my way out of the bathroom.

As I walk downstairs, Zak looks up at me, and I see his eyes go round.

"Holy shit, Saira. I seriously hate you right now," Zak says. I see his eyes skimming over my outfit, and I cock a hip, putting my hand on it while smiling.

It's a black dress with long sleeves, which hugs my body so tightly it's like a second skin. It dips into a low V in the front, showing some skin. The skirt ends at my thighs, but I'm wearing skintight leggings of a dark navy color that's close to black.

I took off my engagement ring so that way I don't lose it in the club we're going to. Zak notices its absence when he grabs my hand, but he doesn't say anything against it. He probably knows that he'll lose that argument.

We drive towards the club, then meet the others in the VIP section.

Aaron sits opposite Jay and Ashley, with Diana, Billy's wife, beside them. They all wave to us as we walk over to sit next to them. Aaron scoots over next to Diana to make room for Zak and I.

Diana looks me over, and I remember that we only met once before. I smile at her, and she smiles shyly at me.

"Where's Bill?" Zak asks Diana as he sits. She jerks her head to the dance floor, and says,"DJing. What else?"

Everyone laughs, even Diana.

I look out at the dance floor, a teeming mass of bodies and lights. It rattles me just thinking about going out there.

Ashley kicks my leg, and I glare across the table at her.

"We were talking about going up and singing. You in?" she asks. I blink at her, which she seems to take as a yes. With a happy cry she slides out of the seat, Diana following her.

Ashley grabs my arm, and pulls me out of the seat. I almost yelp, but then regain my composure of her surprising strength by glaring at her.

"I get to pick the song," I say, and the other two girls laugh.

We edge around the crowd, heading towards the DJ booth, where I can see Billy jumping with the crowd to an upbeat song, headphones on his head.

He glances over at us when we reach the stage, sliding his headphones to his neck. He grins at us, then looks at me.