Unexpected Turn

Saira's POV

I walk up to the bar, and take an empty seat. I get the bartender' s attention, and order a water. She smiles, and goes to grab a glass.

As I'm waiting for my water, I sense a presence beside me. I glance to my left, and see a handsome man sitting on the bar stool beside me, clearly staring at me.

"Were you the girl who was just up on stage? You're song was amazing," he says, and I nod.

"Well, let me just say, you look amazing as well. A beautiful girl to match a beautiful voice, eh?" he says. I look over at him, and see him smile.

I turn my body towards him, and I see his eyes go a little wider. I see his blue irises glint with something like lust, and feel bile rise in my throat.

"Thank you. And you are handsome as well," I say, making my voice bored and dry.

The man doesn't seem to notice, however. He leans forward, placing his hand on my knee. Darkness seems to spread from his fingers, the exact opposite of what Zak's hand does to me.

I glance over the man's shoulder, and catch Zak's eye. His gaze has never left me, and I see his body tense up when we lock eyes.

I shake my head slightly, telling him silently that I'll take care of it. He scowls, but turns his body back towards the booth.

When I look back at the man, I see him staring at me. "Not signalling for help, are you?" he asks, and I smile brightly, trying to play as dumb as I can while I figure this guy out.

"Of course not. Why are you here?" I ask, and he smiles. His hand slides up my leg slowly, and I feel the darkness spread, making my leg almost go numb.

"I'm here to see if I can find more exciting girls. The ones at the house I go to are all used and boring. You have the look of someone who hasn't been touched yet," he says slowly, his voice dripping with honey.

I just barely avoid snarling. Shows how much you see, I think savagely.

I smile, and say, my voice sagging with so much sweetness I'm afraid he'll see through it,"And what's this house called?"

He smiles a snake's smile, his eyes glittering as his hand moves further up my leg, under the hem of my dress.

"You don't need to know, because you'll never have to see it. Not after I'm done with you," he says.

This guy has no tact, does he? I think. Time to drop the act.

I lean forward, and make my voice as hard as iron. "You will tell me the name of that house. And you will get your godamn hand off my leg before I snap it in two."

The man blinks, clearly surprised, but doesn't remove his hand. Instead, he moves it further up my leg, almost covering it by my dress.

The bartender appears then, and seems to notice what's going on.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the lady alone. You're clearly making her uncomfortable," she says, staring at the man.

His head whips towards her, and he snaps,"Shut it, bitch."

The next moment, his face is pressed against the wooden counter, and his left arm is above his head, done at such an angle that one twitch in the wrong direction would break his shoulder.

I lean close to his ear, and say,"Apologize to her. Or I swear I will break your fucking arm." He snarls back,"Try me."

I twitch my arm just a little, and he yelps. "Alright, alright! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Just don't break my arm!" he yelps.