I Can See You

Thank God for Starbucks.

When Aaron comes knocking on Zak and my's door, he's holding two cups of coffee.

He hands them to us wordlessly, and I almost scald my tongue, I gulp it down so fast.

Aaron smiles, and says,"You two really need to be quieter. Like, no screaming, please." I feel myself blush, though I can see Aaron's eyes glint with concern; he knows that Zak and I had nightmares last night, but is trying to make light of them by making jokes.

"Now, please go get dressed. The guys on the street might appreciate your body, Saira, but I don't think Zak wants to show off your merchandise to everyone."

I cock my hip, and say,"Well, do you appreciate my merchandise, Aaron?" Aaron laughs and shakes his head, his cheeks tinged pink. I smile and close the door, turning towards Zak, who has a huge smile on his face.

"You couldn't resist goading him, could you?" he askes, and I shake my head.

"I don't know what's so wrong about a thin white tank top and shorts that could be mistaken for underwear," I say. Zak laughs, and says,"Probably because you aren't wearing a bra and your shorts are white."

I shrug, and Zak laughs. I turn to grab my clothes-black, as per usual in the GAC-when Zak says,"I love you, Saira. You know that, right?"

A smile turns my lips as I turn to face Zak.

I cock my head to the side, and say,"No, I didn't. Can you say it again, please? So that way I know that I'm hallucinating this moment."

Zak laughs as he wraps me in his arms, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "I'll say it every morning of every day until we die, Saira. So that way you'll know that you have at least one reason to stay. You aren't leaving me. Not now, not ever."

I smile as I bury my face in Zak's shirt, inhaling his scent. God, I love this adorable fricken idiot.

We pull apart, then get dressed, and head out with the rest of the guys.

We only have one interview today, this being with Laurel and Samuel's granddaughter, Lacy.

I almost flinch when I see Lacy; she looks exactly like how I imagined Mary older. The same exact pale blond hair, large brown eyes, and sweet disposition.

The thirteen-year-old leads us to the bathroom, where she had an experience that made her believe whole-heartedly in the paranormal.

"So you were taking a shower, and when you came out, there was writing on the mirror?" Zak asks, looking at the small girl.

She nods, and says,"The mirror was foggy with steam when I came out. I looked at it, and I saw the words 'I can see you' written in a weird handwriting on it. The next time I took a shower here, the words changed, but the writing was the exact same."

"What did the second message say?" Zak asks, looking curious.

"It said 'You're such a pretty thing'. It was creepy. It gave me chills," Lacy says.

I look around at the mirror, and see a figure standing behind Lucy in it. But when I look back at the physical Lacy, no figure is behind her.

I try reaching my consciousness out towards the spirit, but I can't sense any energy where the spirit is standing. Strange. Normally spirits always have some sort of energy around them.

Lacy shivers, and says,"I can sense him behind me. And I know that it's a he. It has a male energy."

Zak looks back at me and Aaron, who's already reaching into a pocket for the spirit box. Zak takes the device, then looks at me.