17. No Fireworks

After an hour and a half of editing, I crash on to my bed and start to do some homework. That didn't last long. I end up scrolling through my Instagram feed, I then remember to post a shoutout on my story.

"Hey MegaGang, so just in case you aren't apart of the notification squad. Which you should be fyi. I posted a new video, so go check it out and as always love you!" I post the story. I start to resume the scrolling through my feed when I start to get a call from Zander.

"Hi, Zander" I answer.

"Hey Megan" He greets "I was just wondering if you want to hang out?"

"Yeah of course" I take a peek at the time seeing it is '3:46' "What time do you want to pick me up?" I wait for him to respond "If you want to of course!" I quickly add.

He chuckles "Yeah, of course, I'll pick you up. Does four work for you?"

"Yeah, give a girl fifteen minutes to get ready don't be to surprise by my yoga pants and dishevelled appearance" I joke.

"I don't think you'll ever hear me complaining about you wearing yoga pants"

"Uh... Okay" I answer, taken aback by the comment.

"Wait! No! Not what I meant!" He starts to explain, frantically "What I meant is that I like whatever you wear and would totally not care either."

I chuckle, " I'll see you in 15" I smile.

"See ya" I can hear his smile in his voice before he ends the call.

I get off my bed and look at myself in the mirror, I would need to touch up my make up and fix my bun. My eyes start to lower towards my legs, I wrap my hands around my thighs and I start turning them in the mirrors. I let a loud sigh out and release my thigh from my hands.

'Wow, you're still a major piece of garbage' the voice whispers in my head 'No wonder everybody hates you'

I shake my head trying to shake those thoughts out from my head. "I'm not dealing with this right now" I apply makeup and lip gloss, twisting my hair into a forced messy bun.

I grabbed my phone and wallet, shoving it into my purse. I walked out of my bedroom and into the living room.

"Megan!" I turn to see Logan calling my name.

"Yes Logan"

"We need to talk" his face hardens like I've only seen once before.

"Can this wait?" I ask with false cheerfulness, "I'm going out"

He sighs "Fine, go have fun" he waves his hands dismissively and stalks off to the balcony. Ignoring my brother's strange behaviour, I walk out the door and skip into the elevator. Riding it all the way down to the lobby, I almost jump up and down when I see Zander sitting down in the lobby. He looks good his hair still is the same, parted on the side he's wearing a letterman jacket and jeans. His jaw is clenched and he's tapping his foot impatiently, I worried if I'm late. I look up at the clock, no its only 3:56, I have four minutes.

All of a sudden the black converse are replaced by black boots, tapping impatiently, not impatience. Anger.

"Babe?" I call out, I look up to meet his angry hazel gaze, his body is hunched over, his finger laced and those black boots tapping angrily. He turns his face, slowly, the rage is evident on his face, his harsh hazel eyes bore into my innocent blue ones.

"Where were you?" He demands, straightening his spine, never dropping my gaze.

"Our plane was delayed," I tell him. He stands up, his presence menacing as he stands in front of me, towering over me.