2| You Don't Have To Run

Y/n's POV

So, I ended up coming to Taeyong's house. It's been a while since I came by.
Back then this place was filled with laughter and joy. But things have changed since that accident. He is shattered inside but he's doing his best to keep the things that were dear to him safe

I inhaled the sweet aroma in the air that came from the kitchen. I stepped into the kitchen and walked over to Taeyong, who was cooking. "What are you cooking?" I asked as I leaned on the fridge. He turned his face towards me and smiled.
"Hamburger!" He replied.
I smiled in return.
Back then, when I came over to his house to play, his mom always insisted me to have dinner with them. Her hamburger was the best I've ever had.
Looking at Taeyong cook his own dinner, I never thought that he would turn out to be a such an honest person. He would always be the one to poke into other's business and make fun of them. He had a group of friends  that always chased the kids in the park. If you would tell my ten year old self that Lee Taeyong will be cooking and cleaning up the house, I swear to Jisoo that I will tell you to stop putting shit on my face.

He was always there. Poking my face and making fun of my name.

I sat on the dining table that had only two chairs around it. Usually, when I came over to this house to play when I was a kid, it had six chairs around it. Things do change.
"Dinner's ready!" He announced as he placed a plate of hamburger in front of my eyes. I slowly inhaled it's sweet aroma and looked at it. I took my fork and knife and slowly took a piece of it inside my mouth.

It melted in my mouth as I savoured the taste. It tastes just like how his mother cooked back then.

"So, how did it come out?" Taeyong asked as he ate his dinner. I looked at him with a sarcastic smile. "Do you even have to ask?" I said. He looked at me and laughed a little but soon that laughter turned in a serious face. "So, why were you having your food all alone in the park?" He asked.

Things were not the same as before. Dad hardly talks to me and the thought of getting along with my new family is making worse. That's what I wanted say.

"I don't know." I quietly replied. Right now, in my mind, there were lots of words that were exploding but I fear to let them out. I cannot look into his eyes right now. I cannot let him know that I'm crying.

" I don't know how to put it. It's just that my dad married for the third time and I don't even know what to expect. My mom was perfect. Perfect in every way, so why did God had to take her so soon? " I could feel my voice crack.

" This can't be helped, right? " Taeyong said as he stood up from his chair and walked in front me. He kneeled down and placed his hands on my shoulder. My tears rushed down as if someone was drawing them out all of a sudden. "You don't have to hide it." He said trying to comfort me. My hands dropped down on my lap.
"Tae, I honestly don't know what do to with my life." I was disappointed with me. I don't know where was I heading to. I am seeing blind.
"Tae, you know? The place I called home no longer exists." I said as I tried to stay calm. Yet nothing helped. I hated myself for being this vulnerable in front of him. My vision became very blur as my eyes were filled with tears.

"You are not alone, y/n. You have me and don't worry about what life will bring, okay? We have to trust in ourselves and just do our best to keep things positive. Time will heal. " He said in a very gentle voice.

I know you're there. You were always there.

"Stay calm." Taeyong said almost in a whisper. His words were almost like a chant that kept me on hold. I don't understand this feeling at all. I let my tears fall as I let his words take over me. "Stay here for the night. We'll discuss this tomorrow." He said as he wiped my tears away. I nodded in response. He let me sleep in one of the guest's room.