6| Sweet Tooth

Y/n's Pov:

It has been two weeks ever since I've started living with Taeyong. I wouldn't say that I am comfortable but it makes me quite relaxed when I think about it.

"Y/n! Breakfast!" I heard him call.

This has become our normal morning call. It's rather natural for us to follow up our curfews and daily chore routines now. We had divided our chores at home so that he won't be the only one working around. This came to a conclusion only after an hour of arguing about it. Taeyong seemed to enjoy his work but I can't simply stay here for free. Moreover, it's a little creepy seeing him do all the house chores.

I wonder if this is what they call motherly?

I can't be fully dependent on him. At least I can do my own laundry. I want to clean my own garments and dry them. Since it's very embarrassing after all.

"Coming!" I roared from the washroom. I blowed my hair with the hair dryer and placed the towel in the basket. I stepped out of the room and walked over to the dinning table where he had already sat down.

"Good morning." I said.

He looked up at me and gave a genuine smile like always. But something seems very strange about it today.

"Good morning, too. Ah-" He paused as he saw me. His eyes traveled my facial area and then shot an eyebrow. "Why does your hair looks extra smooth today?"

I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. "I might have stayed a little too long with my conditioner on."
It's not my fault that my hair turned out to be extra smooth. I was lost in thoughts in the bathtub. It's natural for me to do so. And sometimes it's his fault for being the main reason of my thoughts.

"Okay." That was all he said.

I ate my breakfast and also tried to look at him through the corner of my eye as I ate. I couldn't help but notice how cheerful he is than the usual.

"Please finish your veggies, y/n." He said pointing at my plate. His monthly instincts have returned. Him and I clearly knows how I despise vegetables but he is trying to force it down my throat. I gave him a face and simple kept eating my breakfast fast.

"What's with the gross smile? It's grossing me out." I asked as I ate a tomato.

His smirk only grew.

Now it's definitely grossing me out.

"Oh, so you finally noticed my happy face huh?" His smile only grew wider. It was something I haven't seen in a while.
"What's the occasion?" I asked.

He calmed down and looked at me with eyes full of hope. "My sister is finally coming back to live with me!" He said as his eyes blinked with excitement.

"Oh." I couldn't put my thoughts into words. I smiled and tried to look happy for him but deep down I was caught up by the flashing memories of pain in my heart.

Taeyong really adores his family more than anyone else. I really admire his determination for staying behind to look after what his parents have left behind. He has two younger siblings who were taken under the care of his relatives. He's been lonely over the years and now that it's seems like everything will be back to normal.

"That's wonderful." I cheered.
His eyes couldn't stop flashing his happiness and I didn't know what to say. Living with him only made realize how lonely he has been over the years.

"I know. We should celebrate with a cake!" As soon as he mentioned cake my face dropped.

"Leave me out of it. I hate sweets." I protested. Sweets have never really been my favorite. I prefer sour stuffs. I don't have a sweet tooth.