11| Ramen?

Y/n's Pov:

Someone that I like?

I was taken a little bit by his question. I didn't know how to answer back. I've never seriously taken that question into account. I never really thought about it.

Why?

His eyes were still fixed in me and I could tell he was patiently waiting for my answer. Something different about him was radiating off him and it wasn't the same as it was a few minutes ago.

I took a sip of my tea and tried to look as plain as possible.

"Barakamon's Naru."

That's lame. I thought.

I thought he'll laugh or at least react to my stupid answer but Haechan, still gave me his cold look.

He sighed and brought his palm up to his head and massaged his temples.

"I'm asking you seriously here." He said looking as serious as ever.

Why was he being so different and difficult at the moment?

I really wanted to know it myself but I wonder if the feeling Maryline have towards him was even considered as love or something else.

Text memo:

Maryline felt a slight change in the seasons. Even though summer was yet to pass, she couldn't help but feel different suddenly. She glanced up to the Count, who has been a part of her journey for a very long time, with a unpredictable expression as his words lingered on her mind.

"Do you have someone in your mind, my lady?"

Maryline didn't know the answer to that. The Count knew he had got his answer. He slowly turned away from her and prepared to walk away. But before he could, he glanced at Maryline for one last time.

"Then why can't it be me, my lady?"

"WHAT!!" I yelled through my pillow before throwing my phone towards the edge of the bed. I couldn't believe what I just wrote.

You're being way too...

I couldn't find the actual word that I wanted to imply. I was flustered by what I just wrote and read. It wasn't even me that wrote. I slowly fell on my back and closed my eyes, trying to recall what just happened.

Haechan left me with a dumbfounded expression.

"I'm asking you seriously here."

I gulped.

"It's different with me, Haechan. I don't think it's the right time to ask especially to me." I replied.

"Hmm."

I couldn't say anything. His silence was a complete stranger to me and I honestly didn't like even a single bit of it.

"But your silence tells me everything, y/n." He mumbled.

"Huh?"

Just then he suddenly dropped his serious face and returned as it was a few moments earlier. He laughed and stood up from his seat.

My eyes followed his actions in silence.

"I am only kidding, y/n. I just wanted to know if you're still the same or someone else. Guess I found the answer." He said.

My brows furrowed in complete confusion.

"Anyways, thank you for the chicken but I need to leave soon. Sorry, my coach just texted all of us saying we need a practice. I hope you don't mind."