8| Bittersweet Rain

Y/n's Pov:

I hate rain.

Rain brings nothing but sorrow and painful memories. No one can comprehend what I feel. How it feels like to lose not one but two mothers. I still remember it obviously the day when I saw my mother's face for the last time. Her face ashen and her body frigid. The people who came at the funeral mourned her death but I never really understood why didn't I? I couldn't understand what had built inside of me but they remained dry.

Even when my second mother abandoned me and my dad for some other man. Rather it was the Earth that began mourning. I didn't feel a thing inside of me. Yes, I had built up a wall. Not around me but within myself. I was petrified to move out of the wall I had build. I held it in because I was afraid that it'll make me weak and someday even dad will leave me like mom did.

I just hate rain so much. Everyone I ever thought would stay forever were washed away by the rain. Those other kids who loved to play outside the house when it rained, I envied them. They had nothing to worry about.

Nothing.

I kept looking outside the windows from the living room without realizing I had gone deep into my own thoughts. I closed the book that laid on my lap which was long forgotten. I looked at the time and it was almost six in the evening. Looking outside once again, I assumed that the rain isn't planning to stop any time soon.

I wonder if Taeyong had an umbrella.

If it rains heavily, I am sure he will call for a cab but judging from his personality he isn't a type of person to fancy a cab just for a slight rain. I thought of calling him over the phone to check on him but what if he's still in his office. I flipped out my cell phone and scrolled through the my contact list.

My eyes shifted to one of name on the list.

Dad.

I haven't spoken or checked at home for a while. Even if I wanted to, I still feel a sting of pain inside of me. Lucas and his mother are really kind and have been really good to me. But I feel guilty for not returning their kindness. I wanted to check on how they were doing.

I pressed the call button and listened as the calling sound echoed through my ears. My heart rose and I slowly panted. I tried to keep my cool and composed myself.

Just as I was thinking he won't pick up my call, he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello, y/n?"

Dad.

I opened my mouth to speak but my words were hushed. This excruciating pain will never go away. The distance between me and my dad is something I want to over come but all these years, we've only grown more apart.

Gathering all my courage, I decided to talk.

"Y/n?"

"Hello, dad?"

Third person Pov:

The rain was pouring heavily and there was no sign of stopping. The man in suit sighed at the wonderful sight ahead of him. He regretted his decision of not reading the weather forecast before hand.

"You okay, hyung?"

Taeyong nodded as they stood outside at the entrance of the subway station. He felt so lost and unsure of what to do at the moment. Just as he was thinking that life will get a little better for once, all this hopes were drained out.

"I think we should just call a cab. There's no stopping to this rain." His companion suggested but Taeyong simply shook his head.

"I will wait for a few more minutes. You can go ahead."