10| For Merlin's Sake

Y/n's Pov:

"Why do we have to walk all the way here!" The boy behind me grunted as we walked.

"Can you please walk quietly, Haechan?" I partially begged, embarrassed of the attention we were getting from the people.

"But why!?" He was starting to annoy me a little more than he should be.

"I swear to Merlin, if you dare open that mouth of yours , I'll make sure that the sun never rises ever again." I said in a calm yet in a threatening tone as I turned around and pointed my index finger at him.

He seemed to grab my message as for the rest of the trail, he didn't utter a stupid little word.

Haechan and I were actually on our way to a book store which is further away than the book store where I usually purchase. He agreed on coming along with me thinking we'll take the public transportation to get there but I ain't gonna waste my energy sitting on that. I preferred walking over traveling in vehicles.

Once we reached the book store, I heard him sigh in relief. As I pushed open the door of the store, it opened with a tingling sound of the bell. There were many shelves all lined up in order with different books installed.

"I'll go get my book. In the meantime, you can go and rest or explore." I said before patting his shoulders and walking away.

I walked my way around the shelves searching for the one particular book that I was searching for. My eyes wandered from book to book before landing on the yellow book that stood between two other thick books.

A smile crept over my face as I slowly and carefully pulled out the book.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

"At last." I breathed out rubbing my palm over the cover of the book.

"Seriously?"

I jolted back in a little surprised when a voice suddenly spoke behind me. I turned around to see Haechan looking at the book I was holding. I gave him a nod and looked back at the book, flipping through the pages to see if there's any damage inside.

"I thought you already read that book last year. I still remember you read it last month too." He said leaning against the shelf.

"Well, yes, I have already read the book but the one I read is actually the borrowed one from the library. So I had to get a copy for myself. It's not very nice of me to take the book often while there are other people in the line who'll be wanting to read it next." I replied.

"Hmm, that's reasonable." He replied nodding his head.

"So, now" He said making his way towards the counter. "If you're done, let's go and pay for the books. I'm hungry, too." He held out his hand to show two magazines. I quickly nodded and followed.

We made our way towards the counter to pay for the books. When we arrived at the counter, there was no sign of anybody. So I rang the bell that was left on the counter to call for the cashier.

Moments later, a male walked out from a door right at the corner of the store.

"I'm so sorry. I had an emergency, I hope I didn't make you guys wait too long." The male immediately apologized as he stood in front of us. Haechan and I looked at each other and then back at the cashier.

We shook our heads and said that it's fine. He gave us an apologetic look and asked what do we have.

"Let's see what do you have to bargain." He said opening his computer. He placed his bar code reader on the desk as we placed our books in front of him.