2. blue boy

Alternative scene from Thor (2011) in which the God of Thunder was never banished from Asgard.

"What am I?" Loki's voice cracked. His eyes teary and his heart broken. He wished he could look strong. He tried his best to cover his emotions - covered it with hatred and anger. But still, it shown all over his face, how he truly felt. He wasn't mad at the king standing in front of him. No. Loki was simply... hurt. Feeling lost, betrayed, and lied to his entire life. All of these combined together hurt. A lot.

"You're my son" Odin's words strong and confident as always. Atlas, both of them knew so well it was a lie. A big, fat, ugly lie this old man blessed him with since he was a toddler. He would have continued to lie to him for as long as they drew breath, if it wasn't for Loki came across the shocking truth by himself.

"What more than that?" Loki looked Odin dead in the eyes. He needed to hear the answer, the truth, not another lie "The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?" The youngest child started approaching the old man slowly, holding eye contact the whole time. Though Odin was the one trying to avert his gaze.

A sigh left Odin's mouth, he knew he could no longer keep lying "No," He said "After the battle, I went into the temple, and I found a baby. Small for a giant offspring, abandoned, suffering, left to die... Laufeyson"

There was a little moment of silence as Loki tried to process Odin's words. This time, he was the one looking away, eyes gluing to the ground. Odin said a lot, yet the only thing outstanding and kept repeating itself in Loki's head was the last word "Laufeyson..." Loki spoke, mostly to himself. Then he looked back up to meet Odin's eyes. The confusion and the pain in the young man's green orbs even more vivid. Laufeyson? But.... but how could it be? Unless he was the....

"Yes" Odin admitted.

Even though Loki was kind of expecting it, hearing his 'father' confirming it out loud felt as if there was a knife stabbed right through his heart. He looked away, unable to think straight. Thousands of emotions hit him like a ton of bricks "Why? You were knee-deep in Jotun blood. Why would you take me?"

"You were an innocent child" Odin said.

"No," Loki shook his head. He knew better than to believe another god damn lie. He wasn't that naive anymore "You took me for a purpose. What was it?" Loki's voice somehow stronger as his stare bored into Odin's soul.

The old man turned silent, not being able to confess his sin. The king of Asgard had never looked so vulnerable.

"TELL ME!!!!" Loki screamed out of the blue. The haunting demand echoed through the hall. However, again, how he truly felt betrayed what he wanted to show. His lips quivered and his eyes got even more watery. Poor Loki was simply... broken.

"I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day, bring about an alliance, bring about a permanent peace.... through you" Odin said.

"What?..." Loki mouthed the word so quietly, with his heart broken into millions pieces, it almost didn't have any sound at all. A tear rolled down his cheek.

"But those plans no longer matter" Odin came up with an excuse, whatever to make himself look good.

"So I am no more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me" Loki didn't even wipe his tears away. He let them fall.