21. your little brother never tells you but he loves you so

Thor Odinson; the better one. The perfect child of the Allfather could never do no wrong. Oh there was no doubt Odin favored him and showered him with nothing but praising. That's why Thor didn't take his first ever blow of anger from Asgard's king very well. Good thing Loki knew just what to do.

///

"But father-"

"Silent!!" Odin yelled. He was old, yet his voice so loud and intimidating it rendered the entire hall silence. All guards held their breath, no one dare breathing too loud. All eyes glued to the floor. All eyes except Thor's. He didn't mean to challenge his father's power. He simply didn't understand; all of this was new to him. He'd never been yelled at before. If anything Thor was shocked.

Loki, who stood by Thor's side, tried to signal him to keep his head down. Obviously Thor didn't even notice his brother's attempt to secretly communicate with him without their parents realizing.

"Do you truly not understand the gravity of your doing? Thousands of years of peace between our realms, built from hundred centuries of trust. All could be destroyed by one act of your recklessness!" Odin's sharp words cut through Thor's chest, twisted in the pit of his stomach it made him feel sick. He disappointed his father. He let Asgard down.

"Father, please," Thor kept pushing (Loki was more experienced when it came to situation like this; the God of Mischief had learned to keep his mouth shut and his gaze low) "How- How could I possibly know that Dwarf killed their queen 36 generations ago!" Mistake. Loki thought, he wanted to roll his eyes at the oaf's stupidity. The problem wasn't that Thor didn't know Dwarf killed the queen, but the fact Thor argued with Odin. By arguing, it'd only anger father even more.

"Exactly," Said the king, "You didn't know because you never learned. Times you should be spending in library gaining yourself knowledge you spent it on beer and your own entertainment. If this is Asgard's to-be king,"

"Husband," Whispered Frigga as she sat on the throne next to the king. She was trying to make Odin aware of what he was going to say, but Odin didn't do so much as glancing her way. And that was it. She could do nothing more to help her son. (She knew she couldn't stand up and defend Thor's mistake, not in front of all these guards. That would be extremely disrespectful. Rebellious even) So she remained silence without another more words.

"I'd rather it be ruled by Laufey. I was a fool to believe my oldest son has what it takes." The king finished his sentence.

At that something inside Thor broke. He felt it crumbling down, tearing his world apart; the world where he was that ideal son who made his parents proud. "I'm -" Thor's voice cracked and the fact he wasn't able to hide it made his cheeks burn. Not only that he was a failure he was also a weakling. Pathetic, the voices inside his head hissed. "I'm sorry." He managed to say without breaking down then he swirled himself around and stomped away.

"Thor!" Frigga called as she rose on her feet, but Thor was already out the door. Odin, however, didn't do so much as moving a finger.

Loki was left standing on the spot, though it seemed he knew what to do. "Allow me," Said the youngest. It was Frigga who nodded. Loki didn't wait for his father's approval as he followed Thor out the elegant throne hall.

When Loki rounded the corner Thor was nowhere to be seen. Though Loki could already predict where the big oaf was hiding.

~~~

"Go away." Said a voice from the other side after three knocks on the door.

"It's me." Loki said.

"I want to be alone." Thor responded.

Yikes! Now the oaf sounds like me, Loki thought bitterly, Hidden away in the dark when things go south. He shoved the thoughts away. The thing was Thor never locked himself in his room. But then again the oaf had never been yelled at either. Loki sighed. When he tried the knob he learned quickly it was locked. Did Thor truly think an old wooden key could stand a chance against the ancient magic their mother taught him since he was a child? Endearing. Loki smirked. Shimmering green light flashed around the knob, second later the door opened easily and Loki was already entering his brother's room, locking the door behind.